Test taking time? Passing the ASQ Certification Tests

C

CertifiedDataJunkie

gunnyshore;bt693 said:
I'm taking the Certified Biomedical Auditor next week and I thought the test prep ideas were excellent! How do the 5 hour energy drinks taste? :)

I've never tried energy drinks, but it might be a good idea if they've worked for you before. I don't think I would try anything new on exam day though. But, that's just me. :)

I took the CBA when it was still the add-on certification for the CQA (i.e., CQA-Biomed). This is a difficult exam, because it requires broad knowledge of medical device technologies and regulations. At the time I took the exam, I thought it was among the most-difficult exams.

However, answering 100 "pure" biomedical questions vs. answering the current exam diluted with auditing/CQA concepts gives the candidate with a reasonable expertise in auditing greater confidence when able to effectively answer the auditing questions. The previous version immersed you in biomedical questions for the entire period and in my opinion, was more exhausting (as the CQA is kind of the opposite experience).

As I'm sure you know by now, one of the problems with the CBA is that its handbook is more of an outline or overview on biomedical regulations. However, I am wondering if the ASQ Biomedical Division has had the success in preparing candidates with its new CBA Refresher Course that the Auditing Division has had with their corresponding course.

@gunnyshore - They are not really great tasting, but being only 5 ounces, they are just a small shot. I figured it couldnt hurt, and since i could not drink my usual amount of coffee before the test, I felt I could use any edge I could find, (after being really groggy through a few of them previously).
@CDJ - Havent taken that one , (yet), but it emphasizes the fact that you need to be at the top of your form quite early in the day. If you are one of those fortunate people that can be that way when you get up, great!. Unfortunately, I need a bit of 'warming up' first..

C

CertifiedDataJunkie

I totally understand the plight of the non-morning person. I resemble that remark ;)

While not always available and convenient, ASQ certification exams are often scheduled with later starting times at conferences. For example, at the World Congress on Quality and Improvement (WCQI), exams begin at 10 a.m.

However, as more often is the case, the regularly scheduled exam administrations at Section sites recommend candidates to arrive at 7:30 a.m. for the 8:00 a.m. start time. :frust: ouch! :mad:

gunnyshore

Starting to get Involved
Interesting, I'm going to call HQ tomorrow and ask them if we can change the time for our June test to an hour later. I don't see the value of challenging people with the time of the day, on top of the silly "standard test questions" that can make people crazy.

An extra hour would make a world of difference, in my opinion, its rough on the brain getting up extra early, without coffee, driving an hour or more, then sitting down to a mental exercise for 3-4 hours. I usually reward myself after the test with a mickey-D large coffee and something to eat.Then I am pretty much shot for the rest of the day.

Top Bottom