Time between AS9100 Surveillance Audits

Lorgeo

Starting to get Involved
Hello All,
We have been scheduled since 01/16/2011 for our 2nd AS9100 surveillance audit (upgrading to C). Certificate issued 09/21/09, first surveillance completed 08/24/10.

Our scheduled auditor has cancelled :mg: and our CB is scrambling to find a local or semi-local auditor that is not booked.

I was told that "as long as we have our 2nd surveillance within the 2011 calendar year we are ok." (Of course that puts our re certification audit less than a year after that.)
Can someone please verify this or point me in the right direction to find this info. While I would like to do this around the original timeframe if possible, I need to know that if this can't be done then, we have a little room to work with.

Thanks!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
The requirement in case is in ISO 17021, related to surveillance audits. It reads
ISO 17021:2011 9.3.2.2 said:
Surveillance audits shall be conducted at least once a year. The date of the first surveillance audit following initial certification shall not be more than 12 months from the last day of the stage 2 audit.
As long as the once a year is understood as a "calendar year" and not 12 consecutive months, your CB's interpretation is acceptable....:notme:

Lorgeo

Starting to get Involved
Thanks for the reply. That was basically how it was presented to me, but I needed the reassurance at this stage of the game.

Top Bottom