Time source for paper-based documentation (research nurses)

N

ngoodall

I've been asked to develop an SOP about acceptable sources for time references for our research nurses to use in documenting timed and sequential research activities. Our hospital's network has a centralized atomic clock which displays on networked PCs and phones, but the wall clocks in our study patient rooms are not linked. We are trying to get our nurses out of the habit of referring to wall clocks in patient rooms since our nurses cover multiple study patient rooms and some of our protocol windows are very short and even being one minute outside the protocol window on one assessment is a protocol deviation.
I'm having a hard time finding resources, but I'm sure others have addressed this (our research pharmacy has an SOP on time sources, but they're near their computers much of their day and aren't going from room to room. I would love to let our nurses refer to smartphones (or even smartphone-linked Fitbits?) but I can't find a source to justify that this is acceptable and implemented elsewhere successfully. Has anyone addressed this topic?

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
IMHO,its not recommended to to rely on computers, fitbits, becaue it adds the work for demonstrating the 'control and monitoring' of same.
if you have added simple solution for doing above activity, then its a way forward.

Hope you checked the options available over net....
Which Synchronized Clock System is right for your needs?
there could be other solutions and options on net...above was an generic description of options for options available for wall mounted wall mounted

Last edited:
Top Bottom