Training Needs and Training Plan Requirements

D

DK2327

Hi there,

Can anyone clarify me the below points,

1. As per ISO 9001:2008, Has company shall have Training plan for both Internal & External Trainings
2. If QAP is saying external plan to be documented, then internal trainings need not to be documented.

Regards,
Kumar D.

J

JJ777

Re: Training Needs

ISO9001 does not state that you must have a training plan. You can document a procedure to state how do you handle training, how it is identified etc.

S

sathishthantri

Hi there,

1. As per ISO 9001:2008, Has company shall have Training plan for both Internal & External Trainings
2. If QAP is saying external plan to be documented, then internal trainings need not to be documented.

Regards,
Kumar D.
Dear Mr. Kumar,
ISO 9001 standard does not call for a procedure / plan (involving either external or internal training).
The training plan comes out of a PDCA cycle for training.
For effective training to be imparted :
1. Training needs have to be identified (which may be the output of skill matrix / competency mapping / development plans .....), training plan is evolved considering other influencing factors, training imparted and analysis made to check on the effectiveness of the imparted training
2. It is not mandatory to identify external or internal training, but would be helpful if you have a planning budget. But if you are skipping documentation of internal training (which is crucial and which will always be the main source for knowledge enrichment) just by mentioning some statement in your QAP, I would call it as a wrong practice.
I presume from your name that you are from India - please check your legal requirements (Factories Acts and Rules....) wherein so much of training is insisted upon and almost all will be internal training. How you will prove that you have conducted the training unless you "document" the training ?
Regards
Sathish

S

samsung

I presume from your name that you are from India - please check your legal requirements (Factories Acts and Rules....) wherein so much of training is insisted upon and almost all will be internal training. How you will prove that you have conducted the training unless you "document" the training ?

While I find many useful points in your post yet I may wish to point out that since the poster is based in the UAE, it would be, in my opinion, more helpful for him to get through the legal requirements as applicable in the UAE itself (his current location).

Secondly, since the OP's question is related to ISO 9001, the training need assessment and subsequent proceedings should take into account only those legal aspects that correspond to the product requirements while those relating to H&S should be taken care by other management systems.

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Hi there,

Regards,
Kumar D.
After you assess the gap between requirement and ability of person, you take action to bridge the gap and one of the means is by training the person.
Now if you have resource to train the person within the organization, please do it. In case you do not have, then you seek external experts assistance by way of nominating the person for a specific training.
In either case you need to have records of training, and also your assessment of the effectiveness of the training provided.
Revisit your QAP and check if you have addressed the requirements said in 6.2 of the ISO 9001:2008

R

ralphsulser

As mentioned above, it is useful to develop a training plan matrix listing the type of training, who is to be trained and a timelime for a schedule of the training/plan. Then show when the training was completed. In addition we had a training matrix for each department listing al the employees in that department and what training they needed, and colums showing "full trained, in-training, and plan to train" symbols. This was posted in each department so all employees could be knowledgeable about training plans and documented training records. The managers of each department was responsible to make sure they were accurate and current within updated due dates. This type matrix satisfied the requirements of ISO9001/TS16949 and Ford Q1.

Top Bottom