Twilight Zone - What is your favorite Episode?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I was lucky and got TV captures on almost all of the Twilight Zone episodes. I pretty much grew up with it and even today now and again I watch an episode. Some of you may have been too young to have seen it. Rod Serling's The Twilight Zone ran for five seasons from 1959 to 1964. Serling was from Cincinnati, Ohio.

List of The Twilight Zone (1959 to 1964 TV series) episodes - Wikipedia

I listen to NPR on a local radio station - WVXU - And saw this this morning: WVXU Staff Share Their Favorite 'Twilight Zone' Episodes: What's Yours?

There are a lot of "Reboots" of programs these days, such as Murphy Brown, which I really liked but the latest reboot is poor in comparison in my opinion, but to me (my opinion) none really come close to the originals.

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
The one with William Shatner on the airplane where he has pschotic break (or not) is a favorite but first place for me is the gampling episode where they cut off a finger...that oen still gives me nightmares!

dwperron

Trusted Information Resource
Both great choices, but my second choice would be Time Enough at Last , with Burgess Meredith as the last man on earth who can finally read everything his heart desires, until.........

jfries2

Involved In Discussions
Great mentions so far (always loved the irony in Time Enough at Last as well as To Serve Man). Another favorite of mine was "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?" set in a diner in a snowstorm around Cortland, NY. BTW Marc, your statement that Serling was from Cincinnati caught my eye because he grew up and graduated from high school in Binghamton, NY, close to my hometown. In his later years he taught at Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY. I didn't realize how much of his early career was spent in Ohio, but should have guessed that, as he also had Ohio references in many episodes (Willoughby, next stop is Willoughby).

Marcelo

Inactive Registered Visitor
There's too many great episodes, I don't think I have one specific favorite. One not mentioned yet that always come to miming is The Eye of the Beholder.

mattador78

Quite Involved in Discussions
Was always a massive fan of the twilight zone and the outer limits. I don't know if anyone on here has ever seen Inside number 9 a BBC show it has quite a edge to it as well more of a horror or dark humour vein but superb tv with one episode in almost complete silence reminiscent of Keaton or Chaplin.

JoshuaFroud

Involved In Discussions
It is never a show I've managed to watch, its always been there at the back of my list as an "I'll get around to it..." but they are not that easy to get hold of these days.

Top Bottom