VDA note 3

T

Tora3484

Company is currently looking at VDA to bring us in line with our VW customers - we are being asked to complete a note 3

As this is new to us we have no idea what it is or what to complete

Any help would be greatful

L

lk2012

Hi,
is your company required to have access to the VW portal or is this just getting ready to be audited against VDA?
The 'note 3' may be VDA 6.3 (process audit).
Any more details, let us know and I'll try to work something out for you.
cheers
Lil

T

Tora3484

IK2012 thank you for your response - I have access to the VW portal - my main reason is that we have German customers who keep quoting note 1 and or note 3 and to avoid looking unprofessional I am trying to avoid asking them directly but I cannot seem to find anywhere what they both mean.

L

lk2012

Hi,
I've had a look in my VDA manuals and can't seem to figure out what your customers could mean by 'note 1' or 'note 3'. Might be time to ask them for clarification. After all, it could be something very obvious that's just got lost in translation.
sorry this wasn't very helpful
Lil

S

sayancek

You are development supplier. Customer wants that you make sampling for note 3.

:confused:Note 1,3 and 6 are connected with your product and not process. I will explain to you simplified - Note 1 means in german "freigabe" so part fully approved by customer. Note 3 part ok for serial production (some minor flaws to correct), note 6 part not ok for serial production.

Every project has milestones which are set already at the begining of the project when the sampling or "bemusterung" for certain note should be done. If you have access to vw portal check beon - bemusterung online, where this is done. This is quite a long topic to cover in one post and for which there is also special training. Here, communication with customer is crucial so dont be afraid to ask:)

Top Bottom