What Class Clean Room Requirement for 0.8 um process - Wafer Foundry

O

ohlargeone - 2006

We want to setup 0.8um process in wafer foundry. but what is the request on cleaning room. Which class cleaning room we must set up first. Are there any report or standard on this issue?

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: cleaning room request for 0.8 um process

We want to setup 0.8um process in wafer foundry. but what is the request on cleaning room. Which class cleaning room we must set up first. Are there any report or standard on this issue?
It isn't only the size of the particles, but also the quantity per cubic meter. Look at the ISO 14644 series of standards and at Cleanroom Classification Standards.

O

ohlargeone - 2006

It isn't only the size of the particles, but also the quantity per cubic meter. Look at the ISO 14644 series of standards and at Cleanroom Classification Standards.

yes, I see. But I'm still confused which class is the fittest for 0.8um process(0.8um process means that the smallest dimension of chip is 0.8um).
thanks.
presently we could control 0.5um particle <1000.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator

yes, I see. But I'm still confused which class is the fittest for 0.8um process(0.8um process means that the smallest dimension of chip is 0.8um).Y
thanks.
presently we could control 0.5um particle <1000.
You should read the standard and determine the type and frequency required for the class you seek. Forget what class you are, what is your requirement? Do you meet it? If so, good. If you want to claim you meet ISO 14644, then read the standard and perform the tests required for the class you need or want to claim.

O

ohlargeone - 2006

You should read the standard and determine the type and frequency required for the class you seek. Forget what class you are, what is your requirement? Do you meet it? If so, good. If you want to claim you meet ISO 14644, then read the standard and perform the tests required for the class you need or want to claim.

Yes, we could follow the procedure and we have done.
the cleaning room monitor has been applied and meet the requirement because we produce 1.5um process products past. while we want to set up new 0.8 um process. we do not know whether present cleaning room is fit for the new process of 0.8um.

C

chergh - 2008

For 0.8 you would probably be needing to look at class 100 or maybe class 1cleanrooms for where the wafers are exposed to the environment. I really doubt class 1,000 is going to cut it for a 0.8 micorn process.

I doubt that a 0.8 micron process will require laminar airflow, though I could be wrong.

Finger bays where wafers are loaded on to the tool are the only parts that need the higher specification though your service areas can remain at class 10,000 or whatever they currently are.

Top Bottom