What is the entry level position/job in the field of Quality?

Brizilla

Quite Involved in Discussions
I saw a reply to this post that said, "Quality Manager"; this is my predicament or blessing, depending on how I look at it. I am an entry level Quality Manager, as my username reflects. I very much want to know: IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE LIKE ME??? Please, please reply if so! I need correspondence!

I've been where you are at! If you need any advice or just someone to throw ideas at feel free to PM me and I'll give you contact information.

K

Ka Pilo

What do you mean by entry level?
This is your very first job, or it's your first job in quality, or it's your first job as a manager?
First job in quality. Perhaps as what others said it depends on education, trainings, etc

S

silentrunning

You could sneak in the back door like I did. Right out of school I became a draftsman. When CNC machining came along the company I worked for couldn't find anyone to do the programing. I was moved to CNC machining and programing and really enjoyed it. My main work was turret punch presses and mills. When we decided to become ISO certified they volunteered me to get the Q.A. Department in order. I trained replacement programers and became full time Q.A. Manager. (Under protest). I guess I will retire from this position in a few years and have to admit that I really do enjoy it now. It seems I never take the path most traveled.

Doug

V

vinny

Document Controller or QC or what?
In the broadest sense, the most entry level position is that of a "checker." The title might be inspector or technician or gauger or whathaveyou. Next up would be positions that have some influence on the Quality System such as Document Control Coordinators or QC Plan Admins. Then you start moving up to Auditors and Engineers and such

Brizilla

Quite Involved in Discussions
Depends on your education.
Entry level for a person with a technical degree will be different from entry level for a person with no college.

These days that might not be so true.
If you need an entry level inspector, work experience (like Machining or Setup) or industry experience (like Manufacturing or Food Service) may vastly outweigh education.

For an entry level Jr. Quality Engineer education could be key.
For an entry level document Control clerk it could be either way depending on your industry.

Sometimes it just takes the ability to read/write, some smarts and common sense to go far. :2cents:

Top Bottom