What is the job description of a Quality Engineer?

A

amanbhai

what exactly is the job description of the quality engineer?
Positively
:thanks:

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
what Marc says :agree1:

I'm about to write up a QA Engineer position, I'll be happy to post it when I'm done.

But in brief, essentially what I'm creating is position for a person who can work on the application quality issues of out parts (valves).

R

ralphsulser

During my training to become a Quality Engineer a long time ago and far, far away, the instructor stated the following definition:
“A Quality Engineer is one who carries a brief case containing a slide rule and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich”
He must know because he is a BSME, MBA, and Vice President of a major corporation.
Plus he was a darn good instructor.;)

Q

qualityengineer

AMANBHAI,
following formal description is taken from ASQ web site.

Quality engineers design, install and evaluate quality-assurance process-sampling systems, procedures and statistical techniques; design or specify inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; analyze production and service limitations and standards; recommend revision of specifications when indicated; and formulate quality assurance policies and procedures.

You can also see job definitions of other quality personnel
https://www.asq.org/learn-about-quality/quality-professionals/overview/overview.html

K

Kevin H

FYI - See attached word document for a position description of a quality control engineer. Regards,
Kevin

Attachments

• QC Engineer.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 361

qcman

Registered Visitor
I find this question funny.My director calls me a supervisor,customer came in and called me an engineer and called my boss a manager - at least here what we are depends on what hour it is and who your talking to:tg:

Top Bottom