SBS - The best value in QMS software

Where to document Quality Objectives

A

AliceW

Where is the best place to document the Quality Objectives required by ISO13485? As an appendix to the Quality Manual or in a separate independent document - is there a typical way to document them accross the medical device industry?

Thanks for any help

Alice

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Quality Objectives - where to document them

Where is the best place to document the Quality Objectives required by ISO13485? As an appendix to the Quality Manual or in a separate independent document - is there a typical way to document them accross the medical device industry?

Thanks for any help

Alice
The choice should be beneficial and usefull for the entire organization.
For example, consider also the local intranet network . Besides , to make deployment and foster the awareness of the organization, organize training and /or team meeting with top mgmt representative, use bulletin board and email to have them known and well explained, so that personnel can be involved and understand how they contribute in the accomplishment.:bigwave:

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator

Thanks for any help

Alice
Hi Alice...
It is best to your convenience. Keep it prominent and visible.
Remember that it is the top management that has to establish quality objectives at relevant areas. If you are establishing it, ensure that the same has been recorded in the management review and has management decision.
As you have got to make a measure of the set objective, and see if you are meeting it., it is best to have it put up on your area notice board.
There is no typical way and what suits you best is best for you. Let it not get hidden in paper files or computer files...

K

kgott

Hi Alice...

Remember that it is the top management that has to establish quality objectives at relevant areas. If you are establishing it, ensure that the same has been recorded in the management review and has management decision.
Somashekar; I like your idea of getting objectives I myself write; endorsed by management in some way. My position is not considered of sufficient status to attend the management group meetings so the best I'm lilkey to get is a return email from the MD saying they are ok, if I even get that.

How might I get some kind of management ensdorsement of objectives I write so that I can publicise them on the intranet, particualry those I have developed for the quality system.

We are a company of about 100 people.

thanks -k

H

HotRodHon

Another good place is the Management Review. The Objectives should be fluid and updated regularly.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator

Another good place is the Management Review. The Objectives should be fluid and updated regularly.
An objective is a set target to be met within set time. Within this time the trending towards objective is regularly (defined review periods spanning the time to meet objective) reviewed. Within this time the objective should not be fluid.
Whatever the defined review period (day /week / fortnight / month), I would say the updation to be periodically rather than regularly.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator

Somashekar; I like your idea of getting objectives I myself write; endorsed by management in some way. My position is not considered of sufficient status to attend the management group meetings so the best I'm lilkey to get is a return email from the MD saying they are ok, if I even get that.

How might I get some kind of management ensdorsement of objectives I write so that I can publicise them on the intranet, particualry those I have developed for the quality system.

We are a company of about 100 people.

thanks -k
I would use the organization hierarchy to reach the objective to the top management. This way the objective that is picked may also get some refinement.
Be very clear in explaining how your selected objective, when met, also falls in line with meeting the quality policy that is established.
Give some work to top management ... :cool:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Where does Document Revision Control Start? Rev 0 or Rev 1 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
S Where to get Ford document FAP 03-111 FMEA and Control Plans 10
M Establishing Metrics - Where do you document metrics? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 7
K Document Universe - A road map to where documents are located in the org. Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
B Benefits and needs of a non mandatory document where it is just a paper. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
L Where to buy the ISO 19011 guidance document General Auditing Discussions 18
D Ways where a Document Controller's Effectiveness could be enhanced. Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
M Where to get a PDF document with wages from ASQ salary review issue Career and Occupation Discussions 5
D Document Control where a document is part of a software package Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
J GMP CFR 21 Part 210 or 211 - Where does GMP address Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
T Creating Swim Lanes to document where processes cross functional boundaries ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q Global change software where changing one document changes all documents Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
R Where to Document Exclusions per ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D Writing a Process Document - Who, what, when, where, and how ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
V Corrective Action for Discrepancy - Where to start and how to document Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
E SOP or system Work Instruction? Controlled Document - Where does one draw the line? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
B Document History - Where and When Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
W Where does a coatings and paint company fall in IATF? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
B When Travel is allowed - Where are you going? Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 1
G Where to buy Template / sample SCSMS Manual, checklist Supply Chain Security Management Systems 1
S Where do l get calibration standards to run a calibration lab? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
M Quality Manual - Where does Revision History Section go? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
C Where to draw the line for "sufficient evidence" to verify safety/performance of a device? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
L Where to place the what/when/how/who/where procedures in a multi-regulation AS9110C organisation AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
B Where to acquire EN 868-5 required dye (Amaranth red)? Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
N Where to find Regulations for Reprocessing and Reuse of Single-Use Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
H Where to get EK MED 1927/16 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
D Where to find Guidance Class II Amendment Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
O EN 301 489-1 and EN 301 489-17 - Where do we get the information of the Published versions? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
A AS9100 Training - Where do I start? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
qualprod Records where apply and stop recording everything? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G Gage R&R - Where am I going wrong? Part of a FAIR submission (Aerospace) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R Where does IATF 16949 address Process mapping? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C Where to place CE/label in Sterile IVD EU Medical Device Regulations 1
G New to ISO 9001 - Where to begin? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
BeaBea Interesting Discussion Where Does Marketing/ Advertisement of Products fit in to ISO 9001? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 39
K No IFU, where the requirements would go? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
T Assessing Hazard-Related Use Scenarios where control measures exist through standards IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 32
J Where to Place Process Maps in our Documentation? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
GreatNate Where to get a KPI dashboard for QMS processes Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
I Where can I beg, steal (just kidding of course) or borrow good training material on the ISO 9001:2015 standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A Implementing ISO 20000-1 - Where to start Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
D Where does "as far as possible" stop? FMEA - EN 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 29
qualprod Statistics - Where to start in ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
H Calibration of InfraRan Vapor Analyzer - where to get calibration for SF6 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
L Clause 0.4 of ISO 9001 and EHS - Where should I stop the inclusion of EHS in my QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Where can I find examples of PPAP? APQP and PPAP 6
A What if Contract Manufacturers does not have an ISO 13485 certificate? Where will the NB audit take place, at legal mfg. site or contract mfg. site? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
J Where can I find the latest update to Reach and ROHS? REACH and RoHS Conversations 9
D Where (in US) can I get the VDA Auditor Edition book? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 3