Where would you go to buy an HDTV?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I bought a Sony Bravia 46" at Costco and love it. Especially because you don't have pushy salespeople trying to sell you "extended warranties".

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Darn. My Costco card expired in June. I didn't use it much so....

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
What? You don't need 36 rolls of toilet paper? :notme:
Or 42 dozens of Tylenol hyper-strength?:tg: I thought the Cove would give you tons of headaches...:tg:

headon_byrdhouse_400.jpg

Randy

Super Moderator
Got our 48" Visio LCD HDTV at Sam's Club for about $950

Last edited:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
To be honest, the one nearest to me is several miles into the Tri-County area with a lot of serious traffic and such so I loathed going there. Thus I rarely used the card. US$50 bucks isn't bad, I guess, if I was going to buy enough to make it worth it. It might be worth it 're-upping' for another year if I was going to get a 'big ticket' item like a TV.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Interesting.... About nine months ago my HDTV started giving me fits. Mitsusbishi. So I found a discussion board :mg: .. where a couple of TV techs checked into. I fixed it, then it went out after four hours. Root Causes-cheap, generic replacement chips and not enough heat paste. The advice was good. If I had the mental energy, I would try to repair again.

Anyway, I got another one at Fry's electronics. HDTV's have advanced over the last five years.

Please... for me: please make sure you have adequate space in your vehicle before your purchase. I laugh (I do mean laugh) at the people with these 6 foot TVs, trying to fit them into a Corolla or something.

So, if you're willing to drive to Texas, I have a large HDTV big screen that needs new convergence chips. I'll make you a deal!:naughty:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Please... for me: please make sure you have adequate space in your vehicle before your purchase. I laugh (I do mean laugh) at the people with these 6 foot TVs, trying to fit them into a Corolla or something.

True story: I once worked part time at a Magnavox outlet store. Because the store was in a large outlet mall, it wasn't unusual for people to buy TVs on impulse and then realize they had no way to get them home. I helped one guy take a 27" TV to his car, and when we got there, it was clear that it wasn't going to fit unless it was taken out of the box. He didn't want to take it out of the box, and seemed to believe that there was some magic angle of approach that would get the box into his backseat. After I finally convinced it wouldn't work, he agreed to have the TV taken out of the box, and we put in his car. I told him I would flatten the box if he wanted to take it with him, but he told me not to, but not to take it way either. I went back in the store and watched as he tried for another ten minutes to get the box in the car. I resisted the temptation to go out and tell him that the box doesn't get smaller when you take the TV out of it. :bonk:

Top Bottom