Will QS-9000 ever be updated

Z

z3120

As we all know..... ISO 9000 now is ISO 9000:2000
and as QS-9000 use ISO 9000:1994 , is there anyone know when will QS-9000 be updated ? or they will just leave it and move to TS-16949 ????
should we wait for QS-9000 update or ........ it will never be updated again ?

thx

M

matthew evans - 2002

QS9000 UPDATE

After talking to my Registrar (Lloyds) about the updated of QS9000 to include ISO9001:2000 he stated that there may be some direction being issued just after christmas. Regarding ISO/TS16949 it's fine for component suppliers but the scope is not applicable for tooling & equipment suppliers like myself.

Does anyone know if there is a TE suppliment to 16949 in the pipeline. Untill then we are all stuck with QS?.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I haven't heard anything, but TS is not a focus for me right now. There are some others here who are more TS oriented. Maybe Laura will see this and comment. She's a TS person.

L

Laura M

TS or TE Marc?

What I've heard is that TS will be updated by March to the ISO9000:2000 requirements. I don't know if it becomes a standard other than a Technical Spec at that point. I have a client that is persuing TS in lieu of QS9000.

Looking at TE, my guess is it'll need to be updated to ISO9000:2000 as a supplement to 16949. I may be wrong, but my first go at ISO9000:2000 is that you fit the req'ts to your business. If the R&M chunk applies for your buisness, then you write it in. Its your verification of product realization, right? From what I see, 2000 allows for a little more common sense. TE suppliers can register to ISO9000, T/E supplement or not.

Marc

Leader
Oopps...

Above I meant TE, not TS. TS I am 'up with'. TE I'm not a knowledge base on. Haven't even looked at it in probably 9 months or more.

> What I've heard is that TS will be updated by March to the
> ISO9000:2000 requirements. I don't know if it becomes a
> standard other than a Technical Spec at that point. I have
> a client that is persuing TS in lieu of QS9000.

This is correct. See:

ISO/TS 16949 Second Edition - The Latest Scoop!

and

TS 16949 Revision to ISO 9000:2000 Alignment

There are some old links in this last one - to the old UBB board, but those messages are also in this new forums database. Bottom line is the links do work. It's just that you can't add to the thread there or anything. One of the problems of migrating all the old messages into this new software - no way to address the issue of links within posts being imported. That's why the old UBB software is still running, but technically turned off. Sorry this is so confusing. :rolleyes:

Z

z3120

Thx... but back to the QS-9000 update....
so there still no "news" 'bout qs update and we still stuck in using QS-9000 with ISO 9000:1994 ????

Marc

Leader
It is my humble opinion (and has been since mid-1998 if you look back through the message base) that QS-9000 is a dead document and will not be updated. Ever. But I have not heard the b3 come right out and say it with the exception cited below. While they did not explicitly say QS-9000 is dead, when they start telling companies, which they already have, that they will be expected to register to the ISO / TS 16949 standard, that sorta tells you QS 9000 is not fated to continue for many more years.

QS-9000 registered companies will have to switch to ISO / TS 16969. If I remember right, in one of the threads here (it's late and I'm too pooped to look for it) there is a letter or e-mail from GM (I think it was GM) which in no uncertain terms states it expects suppliers to plan for 16949 registration.

I'd stop thinking about a QS 9000 update and start thinking ISO / TS 16949.

V

venkat

QS 9000 standard

I would like to download a copy of the standard QS 9000 and also the differences between ISO 9000:2000 and QS 9000.

Also I would like to view the quality manul of the company compliant to QS 9000

Readers can you help me please

Marc

Leader
> I would like to download a copy of the standard QS 9000
> and also the differences between ISO 9000:2000 and QS
> 9000.

Unfortunately QS-9000 is a copyright document and we cannot provide it here. Contact the AIAG - Buy the '7 Pack'.

> Also I would like to view the quality manul of the company
> compliant to QS 9000

There are QS-9000 manuals on the site. If you look in the pdf files directory there is a directory called something like 'qs_proc'. Within it is a file named MANUAL.pdf and many procedures. That's one.

I believe the originals in Word format, as well as some other examples, are available in the 'Members' and 'Premium' directories.

V

venkat

QS 9000

I have a doubt about QS 9000.

What classes of organisations are covered under QS 9000.

Only automotiove and their suppliers or light and heavy engineering indsutries

Readers your views please

Top Bottom