Management Review - Minutes of Meeting

Manoj Mathur

Quite Involved in Discussions
Management Review Minutes of Meeting

My Dear Friends,

I want your help and valuable suggestion on this topic. Although this topic was discussed in the forum But any way my specific topic was not very much in focus in previous threads.

We do conducts daily shop floor meetings related to productuons and many other day to day issues which includes our businesss objectives and planning also. Once in a month or two we from all dapartments and from various functions give presentation to our Chief Executive Officer on his plant visit. This presentation talks any thing and every thing which matters even our welfare issues and all other HR issues.
My question to you all is
Today when I wanted to show all this stuff to my ISO auditor for complience of Management Review Meeting, He has refused to accept it. Rather he turned red on me and on my argument he even stopped the audit process.

You all wellknown knowledgable person are requested to help me and give your suggestion please.
I am very much disappointed on auditor refusal.

R

Russ

Did you show where you have covered all the necessary clauses and issues, and did you record the inputs and outputs of these meetings? Who was involved? Any action items?

T

tomvehoski

I doubt that shop floor meetings would cover all of the necessary inputs and outputs that are required by the standard. You need to make sure you addressed corrective/preventive actions, internal audits, resource requirements, etc. This will probably require higher level review.

It in not necessary to have a "meeting" for management review. If you can show that top management is reviewing reports, has board meetings, etc. that will address all of the requirements you should be covered.

I do question "turning red" and stopping the audit process. It sounds like you probably have a nonconformance pending, but they should still continue to look at other areas.

Tom

A

Aaron Lupo

Re: Management Review Minutes of Meeting

Manoj Mathur said:

My Dear Friends,

I want your help and valuable suggestion on this topic. Although this topic was discussed in the forum But any way my specific topic was not very much in focus in previous threads.

We do conducts daily shop floor meetings related to productuons and many other day to day issues which includes our businesss objectives and planning also. Once in a month or two we from all dapartments and from various functions give presentation to our Chief Executive Officer on his plant visit. This presentation talks any thing and every thing which matters even our welfare issues and all other HR issues.
My question to you all is
Today when I wanted to show all this stuff to my ISO auditor for complience of Management Review Meeting, He has refused to accept it. Rather he turned red on me and on my argument he even stopped the audit process.

You all wellknown knowledgable person are requested to help me and give your suggestion please.
I am very much disappointed on auditor refusal.

Well that stinks! Without actually seeing what you were going to show the auditor it sounds as if you could use that as a form of Mgmt Review, but that is just my opinion. Did you ask your auditor why he would not accept it and started acting like a child.

Manoj Mathur

Quite Involved in Discussions
Here I would add,
when we discuss any problem either in shop floor or in CEO meetings we discuss it with Corrective actions certainly. But many problems are discussed alongwith correcive and Preventive actions,
Second, I would add all the resourses requirements, all the machines, Process capabilities, Data analysis is discussed in meeting. NO area is left out.
One more clarification to Mr. tomvehoski is that the only Non Conformity pending was SHOWING OF THIS ARTIFICIAL MANAGEMENT REVIEW MEETING. Last time also I have not produced any artificial (Only for Auditor Purpose) things. and this time also.

D

David Hartman

Manoj,

Perhaps you could separate out the information/minutes that specifically address the ISO 9001 requirements for management review (or at least organize them as a separate section of your minutes package).

I realize that this is merely cowing to the auditor's perception of the requirements, but I think that we have to choose our battles and if with little effort you can separate out the ISO specified minutes/issues you may have paved the road to peace with the auditor without radically changing your process.

Just a suggestion.

R

Randy Stewart

The floor level meetings are where the real issues can be fixed. No problem with that, however, do you show how these meetings and any issues are brought up to Management? Can you show the executive management reviews company measurables and audit findings?
I have a flow that shows how Department meetings and Cross Functional team meetings (safety committee, environmental, quality council, etc.) feed the Plant Staff meetings. The Plant staff meetings &/or CFT meetings become part of the inputs to the formal Management Review (Steering Committee) meetings with the. Department Managers sit in the Department meetings and they will be on the Plant Staff meetings. Plant Managers sit on the Plant Staff meetings and will be in the Steering Committee/Management Review meetings. All or our CFTs are required to have a Management Rep to help in reporting to the Steering Committee.

Attachments

• management review.pdf
    44.7 KB · Views: 2,687
S

sajunair

Randy Stewart said:
The floor level meetings are where the real issues can be fixed. No problem with that, however, do you show how these meetings and any issues are brought up to Management? Can you show the executive management reviews company measurables and audit findings?
I have a flow that shows how Department meetings and Cross Functional team meetings (safety committee, environmental, quality council, etc.) feed the Plant Staff meetings. The Plant staff meetings &/or CFT meetings become part of the inputs to the formal Management Review (Steering Committee) meetings with the. Department Managers sit in the Department meetings and they will be on the Plant Staff meetings. Plant Managers sit on the Plant Staff meetings and will be in the Steering Committee/Management Review meetings. All or our CFTs are required to have a Management Rep to help in reporting to the Steering Committee.
Dear Manoj,
I am also in the same situation. In my case every communication incoming and outgoing and all actions are reviewed by the Top management and the actions are realised with the inputs from top management. All section managers meet the top management (MD)everyday and discuss the things. the results are documented in the corresponding files (May be job files / training (Personal file), etc.). the discrimination of this is for ISO and that is not for ISO is not at all possible. i am in soup and finally i will make a big report with useless figures and lists and again a summery to show the Top management. so everybody will be happy.

L

lday38

database software to maintian records

I am looking for help in keeping a history , actions taken and status of things that are revirewed at managemnt meetigns to TS 16949. I think a databse wpuld help. Does anyone use such software to control thier records?

W

wrodnigg

It depends,

if you are working in a company with 2500+ employees, a scheduling system would help to manage all projects which have to be traced.

I have developed user requirements for such a system in a project 2 years ago, and the company has used some kind of calibration management database to implement such a system.

The question is: is it worth the money/time you invest?

Top Bottom