Surveillance Audit - AS9100 rev B Transitioning to AS9100 rev C

M

mpaero09

Hi,
We are certified for AS9100 rev B, nw in process of upgrading our QMS to REV C. whether the survillence audit on REV B applicable for us. If so, what type of audit it is? (reviewing the performance of REV B based QMS or Registration to AS9100 C)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Joy

Re: Surveillance audit as9100

Hello Rao,
When are you planning the audit?IAQG has published a transition schedule and you need to comply with that.
Before planning for AS9100:2009 audit,check with your CB if they got accreditation for it.Again,authentic source is OASIS.

Please go to OASIS and find the rules for transition at bottom left

Supplemental Rule 001 – Rules for 9100/9110/9120:2009 Transition
Dated: 11 January 2010, Revised 18 May 2010

Ideally,it should be called a transition audit.There are guidelines for audit man-day calculation in the rule and also your responsibility to declare your readiness for Rev.C before inviting the CB.
You eed further help! We are here.

J

Jason PCSwitches

Your probably not ready for rev. C. & you can upgrade next year. If you have not incorporated the changes, have this be a surveillance audit to your existing cert. (as long as it's still good) and after-wards start transitioning to the new rev. Your next audit (2011) will be an upgrade audit and you will be better prepared.

nacnack

Starting to get Involved
I have another question, first time poster - when transitioning from AS9100B to C and your performing an surveillance audit do all processes by the organization have to be audited again during the transition (Surveillance 2 or 3 etc) or do you pick up on those processes that we not audited during the last surveillance audit only and transition to C ? No I know there are mandatory processes that have to be audited every time (Mgt, CA/PA, Internal audits etc) but I'm talking about manufacturing processes that you addressed during the last surveillance audit, do they all have to be reaudited again and where can I find the requirement to do so or not?

J

Joy

As it is a new audit criteria,I would audit all processes which can affect product conformity.IAQG supplementary rule has considered manday calculation for transition audit during surveillence cycle as 50% of MD 5 + certification MD requirement as per AS9014 table #2.This indicate that sufficient time is considered to audit all applicable processes.

Also note that auditor will use a new check list AS9101D where process performance effectivenes matrix rsults are to be recorded.This would not be possible in transition audit.

Are you facing the audit?Plan for all processes.

Good luck

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Also note that auditor will use a new check list AS9101D where process performance effectivenes matrix rsults are to be recorded.
Sorry for insisting on this, but AS9101D is NOT a checklist. AS9101D will create a HUGE impact on the industry and it is imperative for all knowledgeable people to appropriately inform the registrants that they will experience a substantially different audit, moving forward, because of the requirements imposed onto the CB's via AS9101D.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Sorry for insisting on this, but AS9101D is NOT a checklist. AS9101D will create a HUGE impact on the industry and it is imperative for all knowledgeable people to appropriately inform the registrants that they will experience a substantially different audit, moving forward, because of the requirements imposed onto the CB's via AS9101D.

Sidney,

For us non-aerospace folks, what IS this AS9101D Standard?

Stijloor.

Big Jim

Admin

I understand what you are saying, but if it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck, it probably IS a duck.

The OER (Objective Evidence Report) portion of AS9101D IS essentially the same thing as the "checklist" portion of AS9101C.

Top Bottom