Surveillance Audit - AS9100 rev B Transitioning to AS9100 rev C

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I understand what you are saying, but if it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck, it probably IS a duck.

The OER (Objective Evidence Report) portion of AS9101D IS essentially the same thing as the "checklist" portion of AS9101C.
If an aerospace auditor goes through the AATT course and still thinks AS9101D is only a checklist, they should be banned from the ICOP Scheme for good. Because it shows they can't learn anything.

AS9101D is 77 pages long. The OER appendix has 25 pages. What do you think the other 52 pages of the document contain?

Last edited:

Big Jim

Admin
If an aerospace auditor goes through the AATT course and still thinks AS9101D is only a checklist, they should be banned from the ICOP Scheme for good. Because it shows they can't learn anything.

AS9101D is 77 pages long. The OER appendix has 25 pages. What do you think the other 52 pages of the document contain?

Perhaps we should define the terms if this is to continue.

I did not say that there is no useful information in AS9101D. I did not say that it is not useful in performing an effective audit. I did not say that AS9101D is ONLY a checklist.

I did say that AS9101D DOES contain a checklist. A rose by any other name is still a rose. For that matter, so is a skunk.

It IS deceitful to say that AS9101D DOES NOT contain a checklist. For that matter it is an element based checklist. That is something that the more enlightened developers of other ISO 9001 based schemes have done away with.

J

Joy

Can we conclude saying it as a great audit tool or only the name AS9101D?:tg:

Or by using the official name
Quality management systems audit requirements for Aviation,space and defense organisations

I agreed with Sidney that it should not be called as audit check list but it has still some lists which need to be checked during the audit.

Top Bottom