Telemarketing - ISO 9001 Implementation

P

pgrine

do anyone know if you can use ISO for telemarketers? I have a client that wants to implement ISO (or something similar).

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: ISO 9001 - Snake Oil? A discussion of the validity/value of ISO 9001

do anyone know if you can use ISO for telemarketers? I have a client that wants to implement ISO (or something similar).

Hello pgrine,

The ISO 9001:2000 standard can be used for all types and sizes of organizations regardless product and/or service provided. Even telemarketers.....:D

Stijloor.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin

Hello pgrine,

The ISO 9001:2000 standard can be used for all types and sizes of organizations regardless product and/or service provided. Even telemarketers.....:D

Stijloor.
Are you sure? :tg: I believe most people would like telemarketing organizations to fail.....:sarcasm:
The best model for telemarketing organizations is Six Sigma. Nobody should be allowed to touch the phone, calling the prey victims people before they are certified as a Black Belt. By at least 3 different outfits.
sarcasm_smilie.gif

Last edited:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Are you sure? :tg: I believe most people would like telemarketing organizations to fail.....:sarcasm:
The best model for telemarketing organizations is Six Sigma. Nobody should be allowed to touch the phone, calling the prey victims people before they are certified as a Black Belt. By at least 3 different outfits.
sarcasm.gif

Sidney,

I wonder if there are actually ISO 9001 registered telemarketers....:) Do you know? This raises some questions such as: How would "competency" be defined? Ability to comply with the "Do Not Call List?"

I've got some more but....:nope:

Stijloor.

P

pgrine

thanks for the help!

I did some digging and found that ISO can deal with services and some telemarketers in my area (toronto) are actually ISO certified. Without actually approaching them, any suggestions on registrars?

I have been given a huge task and don't know where to begin.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

I have been given a huge task and don't know where to begin.

Begin reading the posts in this thread. Yes, it is about a small manufacturing company but all principles and concepts apply to a service company such as telemarketers as well.

Stijloor.

M

Meatgrinder

I think there would be too many variable to consider to implement an ISO standard to all telemarketing but it would make sense to break down the activities and assign them standards. I.e. Outbound B2B, Outbound B2C, Inbound B2C and Inbound B2B. For now it might look like a balance between list acquisition, telemarketing technologies, messaging, laws, telemarketing training, workflow, etc... I've built flow charts based on current client activity and worked through the processes of improving each area to where there is "maximum" efficiency. Until the day when it's laid out with clear statements there is as much art as there is science in creating a best practice environment.

On a side note...the words scam and illegal are sometimes exclusive. Outside of law there is a certain amount of interpretation and opinion as to what a scam is. I've purchased items and services that I was completely happy with that other may call a waste of time and money and having been sold under misrepresentation. We need to be careful what we consider a scam. Looking at client satisfaction and customer complain resolution need to be part of that evaluation process.

Top Bottom