Continuous Improvement Plan - Plastic injection molding

Darpan3131

Registered
Hello all,

I am working in a plastic injection molding Tier 2 firm supplying to a tier 1 firm, as a Quality Technician and I have a customer asking for a Continuous Improvement plan. They deduct our score in their assessment of ours, for not submitting the CI plan to them. We do the continuous improvement but they are incremental and on daily basis. Most of them never get recorded and I do not see them worthy of mentioning a plan that is meant for the customer.

Please suggest some ideas on what should I include in the plan or how do you tackle such a situation if you also have to submit the plan to the customer.

Thank you all in advance and your responses will help me and the firm have a CI plan in place for years to come.

Johnnymo62

Haste Makes Waste
IATF 16949 10.3.1 requires a documented process for continual improvement.

It has 3 required parts:
Identification of methodology used, objectives, measurement, effectiveness, and documented information.
A manufacturing process improvement action plan emphasizing waste and variation reduction.
Risk analysis, such as FMEA.

Your company can create this however it suits you.

Other than this, you should see if there are customer specific requirements. I would ask for an example of what they expect to see.

Top Bottom