Control of Documents Procedure - Audit Nonconformance

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
To be effective Managemetn Review is not just a chat! It has decisions and actions to follow. Have you been to the Lead Internal Auditor Training Course-36 Hours with Exam? That might help you. Your Top Management Might need some awarenees training too.

chris_gray1980

Involved In Discussions
No its not system wide in this case it is my local business that i am responsible for the other Major NC is on management review.

I know how a Proper System should be run but i cant do it, i do not have the enthusiasm for it because well no one cares...

Yes i have completed a Lead Auditor course and my god it was hard and to be honest i probably shouldn't have passed, i was thrown in at the deep end, i hadn't even had anything to do with a quality system.. within 1 only i had 3 training courses ISO 9001:2208 interpretation (1 day) - New management Systems manager (1 or 2 days cant remember) then i did the 5 day Lead Auditor course, i struggled they told me what i need to know to pass, i was given management review as my monitored audit which i cocked up big time and if the tutor hadn't put me with the best bloke in the group i would have failed.. Depressing..

R

Randy Lefferts

Hi LUV-d-4UM
Can anyone offer any guidance on a Control of Documents procedure please, we manufacture pressure vessels if that helps?
Thanks again

Chris, here is a link to some sample documents. You can search further if you like using the "Post Attachments List" located at the top of the page, to the right of the lighthouse.

I agree with Luvd, you do not need multiple procedures for document control.

chris_gray1980

Involved In Discussions
Its sad to say but i do not see what benefit ISO 9001:2008 brings to the group of companies apart from a certificate on the wall, but i see other QA managers and companies with all these fantastic things in place which half of them just go over my head and i do see the benefit but its the mind set here, its how its been ever since well forever, the Quality manager before me did everything for everyone, he was a clever guy and because he did it that way the higher management just let him get on with it and they had no input what so ever a part from when they were asked and that's how things are now and i cannot change it, other QHSE managers in teh group have the same problems with their directors, its the ethos..

best part of the day now HOME TIME, thank god, i had every day i work at the moment

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Sometime Job Security can be a motivator. But Chris, if you have a QUALITY MANAGEMNT SYSTEM and substitute thword QUALITY for BUSINESS, you now have a BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SYSTEM which is links directly to the bottom line of your corporation.

chris_gray1980

Involved In Discussions
whats kumbaya, does it taste nice haha..

Yeah i mentioned my frustration to the top man who i report to and the fact it should be known as a business management system but it fell on deaf ears, never even acknowledged it, im a young lad in an old company and well, what do i know...

AndyN

Moved On
whats kumbaya, does it taste nice haha..

Yeah i mentioned my frustration to the top man who i report to and the fact it should be known as a business management system but it fell on deaf ears, never even acknowledged it, im a young lad in an old company and well, what do i know...

Did you ever hear the expression "It's not what you say, it's the way that you say it"?

I know of a company which had - for various reasons - problems with accurate reporting of non-conforming products, which actually turned out to be just fine for their use. It was costing in excess of $8M! The internal auditor (who was a very young guy) didn't go to the president of the company and talk about ISO 9001:2008, 8.3, or anything like that, instead, he did his elevator speech "I've found $8M of savings"...

What do you imagine happened next?

Top Bottom