ESD control

jonest

Registered
does anyone have an example of an ESD control plan? also are there any ANSIS20:20 2021or latest version available to read?

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
ANSI standards can't be posted here due to copyright laws. If you need a copy, buy a copy.

Check out the ESD Association - they have some helpful stuff.

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Also, Desco sells ESD equipment and has a lot of helpful info on their website. www.desco.com

I am not affiliated in any way except as a customer.

jonest

Registered
I'm looking for a cleaning regime for my ESD conductive floor and wondered whether these steps look correct for a monthly clean?
Step 1: Sweep, dust mop or vacuum the floor to remove any dust, dirt or large debris.

Step 2: Spot any scuffs or stains with undiluted ESD cleaner.

Step 3: Using diluted ESD Floor cleaner 1:50 ratio, damp mop selected section of the floor to be cleaned, allow 15mins soak time taking care not to flood the ESD tile flooring.

Step 4: Using a rotary scrubber (150-180 rpm), 3M RED cleaning pad, scrub the floor and remove soiled liquid with a mop or wet vacuum.

Step 5: Rinse the floor using clean water but avoid flooding and mop or wet vacuum dry

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Do the people doing the cleaning understand it and follow it?

Is your floor clean afterward?

Does it pass ESD conductivity testing afterward in the areas cleaned?

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
My two euros worth here, a flooring, as specific is this I would contact the installer and the manufacturer to get their recommended cleaning procedures, and then if there’s any differences reconcile the differences before for proceeding.
Hope this helps
Cheers optmist1

jonest

Registered
ANSI standards can't be posted here due to copyright laws. If you need a copy, buy a copy.

Check out the ESD Association - they have some helpful stuff.
i already have a 1999 copy but just wanted to see if there were any major changes before buying a new copy

Top Bottom