Geomeasure CMM + Mitutoyo Bright-A910 CMM: Using a SCR200 Tool Changer

M

mboucher

Ok, take off the PEL and screw the TP200 on the PH10 and go through the Auto-Cal routine making sure your Calibration Sphere is the right dia. It is printed on the shaft of the Master Ball.

Now just touch the top of the master ball and the probe probes the master ball several times, first to get the location and calibrate the master ball, then calibrate the sphere information.

Then use this to measure the rack and you should be done.

Mark Boucher

Q

QC Rick

Ok, take off the PEL and screw the TP200 on the PH10 and go through the Auto-Cal routine making sure your Calibration Sphere is the right dia. It is printed on the shaft of the Master Ball.

Now just touch the top of the master ball and the probe probes the master ball several times, first to get the location and calibrate the master ball, then calibrate the sphere information.

Then use this to measure the rack and you should be done.

Mark Boucher

Are there instructions somewhere on calibrating the master ball?

M

mboucher

Go to the Auto-Cal routine and look at the masterball size make sure it is correct. Then build your probe configuration and save the file and then run it and the first thing it wants you to do is to touch the top of the masterball.

This will calibrate the master ball and the probe stylus at the same time. Then do the measurement on your rack and your all set.

Mark Boucher

Q

QC Rick

Still working it into my schedule, seems other jobs need to be attended to first. :rolleyes:

Q

QC Rick

Hate to say it, but requalifying the SCR200 did not resolve the "Extension" problem.
I have set the SCR200 with a 2mmx20mm styli and no extensions. All went well with that.
I still cannot change probes with different length extensions. Prior to requalifyiing the SCR200 all of tool changes would end up being above the changer if I had an extension less than 100mm. Now If I have an extension at all I am below the changer.

The probes qualify, just cant change via SCR200.

:blowup:

Q

QC Rick

Forgot to follow up:
This turns out is due to the system not designed to handle different length hard extensions. That is, the extension between the PH10x head and the TP200 (tp20 etc) body.
I have had no trouble changing probes when the actual probe length is changed.
The Renishaw ATC (SCR200) has to be set to know where the module of the TP200 is in height from the CMM home location.
There is or are different type of probe systems for interchangeable hard extensions. Thus I have to manually perform a ATC alignment when changing hard extension lengths. Of which only takes a couple minutes to perform.

Attachments

• tp200.jpg
    tp200.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Extensions.jpg
    Extensions.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 67

Courier

another day closer
I know we dont typically see posts for CMM information but other CMM forums are basically dead.
I am learning "GeoMeasure 6000" on a Mitutoyo Bright-A910 CMM with a Renishaw SCR200 Tool changer.

I am having dificulty using the tool changer, particularily when I want to change the length of "extensions" used for the probes.
Example: All the probes setup use a 100mm hard extension, this greatly limits the range of movement about the machine when the probe is articulated from 0,0. I want to switch to no "extension" thru what ever extensions I need at the particular time.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

MS NT4.0 (stop laughing)
Geomeasure 6000 v1.33.3 (I said stop laughing)
PH10T Renishaw head
TP200 body
SCR200 tool changer
And keyboard that probably weighs 5lbs (you can laugh now).
I would think your going to have to have a couple of prob set-up files (with and with out the extension) and a couple of probe calibration files and load the one you like to use at the time.

Top Bottom