Honda, Toyota, Tesla CSR Matrix

QualityWorld1

Starting to get Involved
Hello Guys,

Anyone, does anyone have condensed a document with Customer Specific requirements against IATF 16949 for Tesla, Honda, and Toyota? Thank you.

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
Hello Guys,

Anyone, does anyone have condensed a document with Customer Specific requirements against IATF 16949 for Tesla, Honda, and Toyota? Thank you.
Honda, Toyota, and Tesla are not IATF participants, therefore, no such IATF related CSR exists. Honda utilizes their QSR (quality system requirements) as part of their supplier handbooks/guidlelines. Toyota/Tesla likely follow a similar model.

Hope this helps.
Be well.

Ashland78

Quite Involved in Discussions
Although they are not affiliated with IATF they registrars do check against them now. I will tell you Toyota is one of mine that I have to keep CSR for, they are one of the hardest, most detailed. I do have a matrix for each procedure we have and how it aligns with Toyota.

Please do not think they won't ask as they are not IATF, starting last year they ask for all. Including aerospace but they don't necessarily look into it that much.

Sebastian

Trusted Information Resource
https://www.iatfglobaloversight.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/IATF-16949-FAQs_May-2022.pdf
FAQ#8 said:
It is important to note that the non-IATF OEM customers and other automotive customers may have customer requirements in an internal document that is shared with their suppliers (e.g. such as a supplier quality manual) or in a specific document available to the public (e.g. internet).
PFMEA, control plan, special characteristics, measurement system analysis, reporting of process design progress, process capability, dimensional inspection, product and process approval were examples of IATF 16949 related subjects covered by Toyota and Honda manuals.

FAQ#8 said:
Organizations are not expected to take the customer’s requirements, including customer-specific requirements, and convert them into a CSR format that aligns with the IATF 16949 clauses similar to what has been published by the IATF OEMs
Nevertheless I did it, when I worked for previous company in case of Toyota and Honda.
There is no other choice as do it for purpose of e.g. internal auditing.
I had to read and digest it and make available in fast food manner for internal auditors.
"This is process you will audit.
This process address following IATF 16949 requirements.
These IATF 16949 requirements have CSR embeded.
There is content of these CSR."
Alternatively I can say:
"There are two books, 300 pages each.
Read it, find references to IATF 16949 sections and audit it."
Totally ineffective and unprofessional.

Now, I still can't believe, that I have to do it for Top-10 worldwide Tier-1.
They are not enough competent to prepare ready to use CSRs for their Tier-2 suppliers.
40 pages to read ... including administration fees for nonconforming product delivered, to find e.g. CQI used for process audit.

octavio tarango

Deeply Interested
To include additional subject for discussion, is interesting to note that the definition of Customer Specific Requirements given in the IATF is " Interpretations of or supplemental requirements linked to a specific clause(s) of this automotive QMS Standard".

QualityWorld1

Starting to get Involved
Responding to Sebastin's comment: That is exactly what our External Auditor wanted from us. We have to go through Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Tesla, and Rivian CSR manuals to interlink them to IATF Clauses as part of the CSR matrix. I hope there is a better way, as Toyota and Honda's CSR manual is more than 150 pages.

Hoanghoa047

Registered
My company can register remote location support for head office . Now they are only customer. and how to take evidence to demonstrate about this.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Yes, It is relate automotive. My customer is head office and they want to register as Remote support .
What do you supply to your head office? If your head office supports a manufacturing site, then yes, they must be included in the audit. A support site itself can not be certified to IATF 16949 if they do not manufacture. Your head office can be ISO 9001 certified. Discuss this with your Registrar.
I hope I understood your question correctly.

Top Bottom