In ISO 9001:2008 - Can we show an Internal Department as our Client/Customer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

indusvl

Dear Friends

Our Company is ISO 9001:2000 certified and now we are going for Re-certification audit this year and below is our scope.

Design and development of software related for process automation and related services.

We have done an software for HR Process automation for our own company itself. so, Our HR Dept is our customer in this project.

Can we show this in our Re-certification Audit.

Please help me. We have done only internal projects in this year.

Looking for your valuable inputs.

Thanks
Indusvl

harry

Trusted Information Resource
Re: In ISO 9001:2008 Can we show Internal dept as our client/Customer

..........................We have done an software for HR Process automation for our own company itself. so, Our HR Dept is our customer in this project................

Welcome to the Cove.

Yes. See ISO 9000: 2005, 3.3.5 Customer. It ends with a note that says: A customer can be internal or external to the organization.

Q

qamar866

Hi ;
YES i agree ! Customer can be internal or external ..
BR
Qamar

I

indusvl

Welcome to the Cove.

Yes. See ISO 9000: 2005, 3.3.5 Customer. It ends with a note that says: A customer can be internal or external to the organization.

Dear Mr. Harry

Thanks for your reply.

In our ISO 9001:2000 Manual we have not included any Clause number 3.
How can I justify to my top management regarding this.
And Can we go with iso 9000:2005 specification for ISO 9001:2000/2008....? Is it ok.

Please clarify me....

Indusarav....

AndyN

Moved On

Dear Mr. Harry

Thanks for your reply.

In our ISO 9001:2000 Manual we have not included any Clause number 3.
And Can we go with iso 9000:2005 specification for ISO 9001:2000/2008....? Is it ok.

Please clarify me....

Indusarav....

Welcome:

Mr. Harry will give you his answer, I'm sure, and there are many others of us who will too!

You cannot exclude the requirements from section 3 of ISO 9001, only those from section 7 which don't affect your ability to satisfy customers etc.

It is advisable to use ISO 9000 as the 'normative reference', for ISO 9001 - if that's what you mean by 'go with'...?

Q

qamar866

Hi Again : YES I do agree . You can't exclude any clause except 7.3 in ISO 9001.
ISO 9000 is only definations and used for normative reference and not giving any requirements .. requirements is only ISO 9001:2000/08.
So in short i agree with above post..

AndyN

Moved On

Hi Again : YES I do agree . You can't exclude any clause except 7.3 in ISO 9001.

Not accurate! Organizations may exclude 7.6, for example, if they don't have anything to calibrate! It's not only 7.3 that may be excluded.

harry

Trusted Information Resource

.................In our ISO 9001:2000 Manual we have not included any Clause number 3.
And Can we go with iso 9000:2005 specification for ISO 9001:2000/2008................................ ...

The title of ISO 9000: 2005 is Quality Management Systems - Fundamentals and Vocabulary. It provide explanations of terms used in ISO 9001: 2000 & 2008 and is complementary to ISO 9001 (much like a dictionary).

Since you are not sure what the term customer (used in ISO 9001) includes, you check for it in ISO 9000: 2005 and it gives you the details which is what I quoted.

Get a copy to familiarize yourself with.

D

DrM2u

You can't exclude any clause except 7.3 in ISO 9001.
CORRECTION: per ISO 9001:2000/2008, you can exclude (with adequate justification) any clause under 7. Other standards like ISO 13485 or ISO/TS16949 are more specific as to what can be excluded and what can be listed as 'not applicable'. See Clause 1.2 for details.

D

DrM2u

(...)our scope.

Design and development of software related for process automation and related services.

We have done an software for HR Process automation for our own company itself. so, Our HR Dept is our customer in this project.
Like the other posters already said, a customer is a customer regardless if it is internal or external. Based on these guidelines, I see no problem with using this project as an example in your audit.

:naughty: On the other hand, you can clasify this project as an improvement activity aimed at increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the HR Process. The deciding factors should include: :read:
- what triggered this project?
- are you treating HR as a customer or as the benneficiary of the improvement project?
- if HR is treated as a customer, have you covered the requirements of 7.2 for this project or not?

I'd hate for you to use this project as an internal customer example and open up another can of worms. :yuk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom