Internal Auditor Qualifications - TS16949:2002

S

Sam

ralphsulser said:
Laura, the Visteon Customer Specific Requirements state the following:
8.2.2S Internal Audit
Internal auditors shall have completed an internal auditing training class. The organization should have at least one auditor who has passed an accredited lead auditor class. When the organization does not have a lead auditor meeting those requirements a contracted third party with the above qualifications shall perform the audits. Audit records shall be retained for a minimum of three years.

So, I assume that of you have the accredited lead auditor training you would qualify either as part of the companies team, or as a contracted third party with those qualifications.

Do you have a copy of the Visteon Customer Specific requirements?

Ralph,
The Visteon requirement does not specify a standard.specification as written. Is there more to it, or , can I assume that any lead auditor training is acceptable, including QS-9000?

D

D.Scott

Sam - the Visteon customer specific requirements are written specifically for their supply chain with references to TS 16949 and ISO 9001:2000. Wouldn't their reference to an "accredited lead auditor class" imply the class should be for one of those standards? Maybe I am reading too much into it?

Dave

R

ralphsulser

Dave and Sam
Yes, the Visteon reqmts. are directly related to TS, and I attended a RAB accreditied ISO/TS 16949 Lead Auditor course to qualify.

M

Morcs74

NQA told us that being Qualified for ISO9001 was good enough, im not even certified for that but training records exist stating that ive had Internal audit training for TS which was acceptable.

B

Bob Ablondi

Randy Lefferts said:
I am curious as to how others are handling the internal auditor qualification? In the past we have just sent our auditors to training courses offered by our CB.

With the introduction of TS16949:2002, my company is looking at other ways to support an auditors qualifications. In ISO 10011-2, Qualification criteria for quality systems auditors, there is no requirement of a formal training course to qualify auditors.

Since all of our auditors had attended QS9000 training by our CB, it was suggested that we couple that training with in-house training on the gap analysis of QS-TS.

Basically, we would train, in-house, the gap analysis that was performed, with a focus on the process aspect and combine that with our prior QS9000 auditor training.

Would this work? How is everyone else handling this (aside from spending $1000 per auditor to send them to the training.)
Ford requires qualification of internal auditors. See Ford Sprcific Requirements.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Does Ford heve the specific requirement(s) posted somewhere? Or does anyone here know what they are? Is the auditing requirement the same as Visteon's?

B

Bob Ablondi

You can view the Ford (& GM) requirements on the IATF of IAOB.com.

B

Bob Ablondi

Marc said:
Does Ford heve the specific requirement(s) posted somewhere? Or does anyone here know what they are? Is the auditing requirement the same as Visteon's?
View Ford,s requirements on-line at IAOB.com

K

kreco

I'm still confused....I went through an accredited auditor/lead auditor quality systems course for 9001:2000, in Visteon's requirement (which them and Delphi are our only major auto customers) only states "The organization shall have at least one lead auditor that has passed an accredited lead auditors course". Which we do have and I did pass. I still cannot see where it is required that it must be a TS-16949 class? Can anyone direct me to that specific requirement?

Also our TS-16949 audit is scheduled for 3 weeks from today....if the 9001:2000 is not acceptable and there isn't an online training course that is acceptable....it simply will not happen prior to the audit.

Top Bottom