Internal NCR Meetings

N.galt

Starting to get Involved
Another thought on the triage format, if you decide to use it: It's critical that people bring the right information to the meeting. Some basic questions might include: What happened? Who reported it? When did it happen (if known), and when was it found? What product is affected? How was it found?

Yes, I think that I'm going to use a hybrid of both of your advice so far. I'll triage and tackle the highest value NCR's first

Scanton

Quite Involved in Discussions
Yes, I think that I'm going to use a hybrid of both of your advice so far. I'll triage and tackle the highest value NCR's first

Facing the problem head on and getting things actually fixed is the only way of eventually overcoming this situation, it's hard work, but the pay off is well worth it.

Best of luck :)

Last edited:

Matt's Quality Handle

Involved In Discussions
Another tip for this is to have separate meetings. It sounds like something I encountered, where the status meetings became a defacto, semi-buttocks problem solving meetings. Our operations managers were trying to problem solve while the meeting was supposed to be a status update. I don't blame them, we had everyone that was needed for a cross-functional problem solving meeting right there. But it was impossible to go into sufficient depth to get a good solution, and we'd never make it through the whole list at any given time.

For example:
Me: NCR-1234, customer reported 2 parts with missing clips.
FF1 Manager: We got containment yesterday. [To engineering] can we put a sensor in the feed to cut off when a clip doesn't feed.
Engineering: No, there's no place to attach. We could...

...and at this point, I've lost control of the meeting.

Keep meetings as short as possible to cover what you're going to cover. Be specific with what the meeting will be covering. Set expectations accordingly. If this is a status update, expect just a status update. Offer to schedule problem solving sessions at another time if needed.

Zero_yield

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
Keep meetings as short as possible to cover what you're going to cover. Be specific with what the meeting will be covering. Set expectations accordingly. If this is a status update, expect just a status update. Offer to schedule problem solving sessions at another time if needed.

:applause:

Agreed wholeheartedly. The phrases we use here are "let's take this discussion off-line" or "let's get [relevant data] and follow up with [relevant person] and discuss again tomorrow."

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
I go to weekly meetings were NCRs are status checked and someone's NCR is thoroughly discussed, we have homework assignments to comment on a particular section. It feels like Thunderdome. I hate it, but have grown a thicker skin over time.

Anyway, I think it would be better to set up 5 or 7 minutes individually than air it out in a group like that. Unless it's a repeat - then it seems to me that the group perspective might be best.

Top Bottom