ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Content and Frequency

GunLake

Involved In Discussions
It's a bogus comment. The reality is, at good companies, management review is an ongoing process. Rather than have separate management review meetings, we include management review topics in our weekly/monthly meetings. We hit those that that are relevant that week. Over the course of the year, all topics are hit at least once. We keep a running checklist and notes to make sure we get to everything. Keep doing what you're doing. Good luck.
That's basically what they do here, For some reason they call them all Management Review Meetings, But they're more like just Weekly review meetings, We cover whatever is relevant to that week as well, But make sure to cover each topic once a quarter. I started a check list when i started working here, So i know whats been covered and what should be covered before the end of the quarter.

I was just under the impression i had to have a set interval on when we had our meetings.

Thanks for all the replies.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
That's basically what they do here, For some reason they call them all Management Review Meetings, But they're more like just Weekly review meetings, We cover whatever is relevant to that week as well, But make sure to cover each topic once a quarter. I started a check list when i started working here, So i know whats been covered and what should be covered before the end of the quarter.

I was just under the impression i had to have a set interval on when we had our meetings.

Thanks for all the replies.
Nope and you can change it to "Feed the ducks meetings" if you want. Just keep doing what you're doing if it's working for you.

outdoorsNW

Quite Involved in Discussions
Management review meetings do not need to be called management review. We have a set agenda that lists frequencies, and some topics are covered every week, some every two weeks, some every month. There is a separate quarterly meeting agenda with topics that are covered every quarter (most) to every year (a few, mainly events that happen less than once a quarter)

Some topics are better discussed less frequently because the trends are easier to see. For instance, if products vary in difficulty, variations in product mix can cause data to fluctuate week to week, but over a month the differences may average out.

The original post said “at least quarterly” which implies some to many topics are covered more often. Unless the auditor can point to a problem that occurred, because of the use of stale data (rather than running reports shortly before the meeting) or the time between discussions was too long, the auditor is going beyond the standard.

Top Bottom