ISO/BS/DIN/EN/ASTM - Standards Equivalencies

TPMB4

Quite Involved in Discussions
This has been asked before relating to steels, plastics and bulletproof fabrics. I wonder if there has been any advances in the various national standards bodies linking their standards to equivalent standards from other national bodies or even ISO.

I know you get ISO EN, ISO DIN and ISO BS standards which are link say the BS with ISO or DIN with ISO but has anyone linked in the American ASTM standards with ISO?

I am guessing there has been no advance in listing equivalency between various national standards but thought I would ask the enlightened members of this forum in case there has. Suppose vested interest prevents it. If you are in Europe and need to make item to ASTM standard you might need to buy from an American supplier. National vested interest??

M

MIREGMGR

I've been told in the past that ASTM and DIN don't get along very well; and DIN being well connected to the ISO system, ASTM stays away.

Sam Lazzara

Trusted Information Resource
I have never seen an equivalency between an ASTM standard and an ISO standard. I have seen ASTM standards referenced in ISO standards however, and visa versa.

Side Note - Little known fact? ASTM stopped being known as the "American Society for Testing and Materials" in 2001. They are now called ASTM International.

ASTM Fact Sheet says "ASTM membership includes more than 30,000 technical experts from 150 countries around the world."
https://www.astm.org/ABOUT/imgs/ASTMFactSheet_Eng.pdf

Purchasing ASTM standards in "volumes" offers a huge cost savings compared to purchasing them individually. Also, I like that they offer "redlines" for a little more money so you can easily see what has changed from version to version. Unfortunately the lines are not red though.

Top Bottom