KBR Issued Level III CAR in Iraq

BradM

Leader
Admin
KBR in Iraq was just issued a Level III CAR.

I am trying to do some research on DCMA Level IV (4) Corrective Action Request (CAR). I am curious what would have happened if it had been a Level IV. I Googled and can't find anything about Level IV's. Can someone point me in the right direction. Have there been other level IV's issued?

Any assistance would be welcome.

Thanks

Ok... you have my interest. However, partly due to my ignorance in the subject, and partly due to all the acronyms, can you give a brief explanation of this subject? Hopefully without getting political or otherwise, please explain KBR, DCMA, and the different levels.

What entity issues these CAR's?

BradM

Leader
Admin
I always appreciate QA/QC. I am a journeyman electrician. Poor quality electrical installations kill. That's what we are trying to stop.

As an electrician, you should (and probably are) concerned with anyone getting hurt.;) Is the work being performed not done according to NEC, and are there no electrical inspections?

J

justncredible

KBR is a sub contractor setting up barracks in Iraq, there has been faulty wiring that has resulted in 18 troops being electrucuted in the showers. Sparky is a wistle blower, a level III CAR issued shows KBR still has not addressed the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

BradM

Leader
Admin
KBR is a sub contractor setting up barracks in Iraq, there has been faulty wiring that has resulted in 18 troops being electrucuted in the showers. Sparky is a wistle blower, a level III CAR issued shows KBR still has not addressed the problem. KBR did fire the VP as part of the CAR.

Thanks, justincredible.:agree1:

Now.. I will assume KBR is working from a contract to perform this work. Was it not specified that the work was being performed to NEC? The answer to that question would be of great interest, IHMO. If yes, then you have gross negligence on the part of KBR in not following that. If no, then that's another matter....

NOTE: Work performed according to NEC (National Electric Code) would all but eliminate this potential fault. There are plenty of guidelines for effective grounding, routing wires around hazardous areas, ground fault protection, etc.

M

Ms Sparky

They weren't all in the shower. I think we've had three in the showers, one pressure washing a vehicle, two in a swimming pool. Then a bunch not reporting the cause. There have been 3700 electrical fires and some deaths from that. And the injuries from electrical shock and electrical fires are in the several hundreds I'm sure. The DoD just doesn't send me the reports like I ask them to!! :D Go figure.

I am not familiar with the whole Defense Management Contract Agency (DCMA) Corrective Action Response (CAR) system. So I thought I would come here to find out. It seemed that other things were posted here about Level III CAR's.

Rumor has it that the recent CAR originated as a Level IV CAR and was then changed to a Level III. I am just curious if anyone has come across that happening before.

I have tons of posts about this whole situation on my website.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
They weren't all in the shower. I think we've had three in the showers, one pressure washing a vehicle, two in a swimming pool. Then a bunch not reporting the cause. There have been 3700 electrical fires and some deaths from that. And the injuries from electrical shock and electrical fires are in the several hundreds I'm sure. The DoD just doesn't send me the reports like I ask them to!! :D Go figure.

Have you tried the Freedom of Information Act - I *think* this is the only way that these reposts can be released.

I am not familiar with the whole Defense Management Contract Agency (DCMA) Corrective Action Response (CAR) system. So I thought I would come here to find out. It seemed that other things were posted here about Level III CAR's.

The Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) manages contracts issued to private contractors for everything from apples to underwear. The corrective action process is used when product or services do not comply with contractual requirements.

Rumor has it that the recent CAR originated as a Level IV CAR and was then changed to a Level III. I am just curious if anyone has come across that happening before.

Absolutley - The corrective action process is an escalative(sp) process begining with a Level I and terminating at a Level IV, where cancelation of the contract may be the only solution. As with any business releationship, the preference is to work thru the problems as opposed to tossing the supplier to the curb - especially if there is a lot of time and money invested. It's the DoD's version of "threatening to pull the rug out from under them".

Hope this helps a bit.

C

Craig H.

Well, I tried a google search for "Defense Management Contract Agency"+"Corrective Action System" and came up with nothing. I am still curious. Does anyone have a link to a gov doc that contains specifics about this system?

M

Ms Sparky

Well, I tried a google search for "Defense Management Contract Agency"+"Corrective Action System" and came up with nothing. I am still curious. Does anyone have a link to a gov doc that contains specifics about this system?

I have been looking through this thanks to justncredible who posted it earlier.

http://guidebook.dcma.mil/79/instructions.htm

If a log in page pops up just hit enter and it goes away.

Ms Sparky

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
Craig,

You probably won't even if you used the correct term - LOL - Defense Contract Management Agency.

The corrective action process is, for the lack of a better term, an internal procedure - but, you never know - you might find something.

Top Bottom