Linkages between PFMEA and Control Plan

hazwan2283

Involved In Discussions
Hi to the experts, i hope all of you are doing well. I am Hazwan and i have some problems where i need the experts help. I was looking for some information about the PFMEA linkages to the Control Plan. I have to objectives in my search here, as follows:
1. I would like to know for column "Current Process Control Prevention" and "Current Process Control Detection", to which column do we link these 2 columns to in the control plan?.
2. I would like to know in which book does it stated about how to link between PFMEA and Control Plan?.

Upon my search in google, i found this presentation in internet where they showed this that prevention column should go to control method and reaction plan while detection column should go to evaluation measurement technique column. However when i search in AIAG FMEA 4th edition book, it never mentions how to link these 2 columns. I have attached the image that i found in the internet and also the screenshot from the AIAG 4th book. Also i cannot find anything about linkages between pFMEA and Control plan in the AIAG-VDA book either. Hope any of the expert can help here.

Attachments

• PFMEA to Control Plan.jpg
    PFMEA to Control Plan.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 246
  • AIAG 4th edition PFMEA to CP.jpg
    AIAG 4th edition PFMEA to CP.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 175

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
You need to step back to the process flow diagram (PFD), which should show the operations of the process in order. Those operations should be transferred to the PFMEA form, in the same order shown on the PFD. Part of the purpose of the PFMEA is to determine which operations need special controls and those should be transferred to the control plan. Thus the PFD and PFMEA might show operations 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5, but the control plan might show only 1, 3 and 5. Justification for not including operations 2 and 4 in the control plan should be seen in the PFMEA.

AndrewK

Involved In Discussions
Funny thing - never saw any software that did actually linkage from current controls to CP. Plato E1ns (which i actually use) connects process steps, process or product characteristics or requierements, also 4m req. , it is all dynamically linked and if change something it changes in all chain, but control method defined and described separately- with targets, limits, q-ty

Johnnymo62

Haste Makes Waste
Ford requires alignment (linkage) in their IATF CSR document. See the last sentence of this paragraph from page 22.

1688577271262.png

AndrewK

Involved In Discussions
Ford tells about linkage between template (foundation or base FMEA) and working file dedicated for specific product or process - but nothing says about linkage current controls colums and control plan control methods colums

hazwan2283

Involved In Discussions
Sorry folks, i did not read the paragraph properly. In the attached image taken from AIAG FMEA 4th Edition last sentence of that paragraph it is mentioned that we need to make sure PFMEA controls are 'consistent' with the control methods of the Control Plan. I believe that is why or how that linkage suggestion/information comes out in the first place. My question is now answered. Thank you team

Attachments

• 1688638434401.png
    1688638434401.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 18
Top Bottom