How to Link one PFMEA to another PFMEA or control plan.

MrBrianM

Registered
Hi there,
My name is Brian,

I'm new to this forum, but I've found it really helpful since I got here.
To be honest, I don't have that much experience in FMEAs and Control Plans, so I have some questions that I haven't been able to find an answer for online, I've also searched this forum to see if I can find something but no luck so far. I know there are a lot of people here with so much experience, so if you could help me, I would really appreciate it. I will try to explain it as best I can (English is not my first language).

We have two different areas, the first one processes raw material and turn it into a sub-assembly, the second area is where the sub-assembly is used to build the finished product. We already have the PFMEA and Control Plan for the first process and now we have created a different one for the second area. My question is, how do I properly link the PFMEA (or control plan) for the first area to the one for the second area? We would like to add the first process to the other one like if it would be just an extra step and just make a reference to the PFMEA/CP for that process. Or is adding all the steps from the first process to the second the only way to go?

If I'm not being clear, please let me know and I will try to explain it better.
Thank you so much in advance.
Regards.

AndrewK

Involved In Discussions
better to represent in a structure tree way- then it will be clear what is the focus element and how sequence is dependant

Top Bottom