Management Review - Not all items covered during quarterly review.

B

brahmaiah

Dear why are you not reviewing the whole agenda? are your & your management too busy? or your organizing big enough? or there is any specific reasons? Just curious!:confused:

True the whole agenda should be reviewed.But not 4 times in a year.Which management is not busy?.Managements should be not only be busy but keep others also always busy.If not what other business they have?
V.J.Brahmaiah

Last edited by a moderator:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
There is nothing that says you have to review the whole agenda at one shot. If you choose to review audits one month and your quality policy another, etc., etc., that is fine. As long as you document that each requirement was reviewed, and any action items/decisions that come of the review(s) you are fine.

eta: You don't even have to do the reviews during a "management review" meeting, as long as the players are there and the review happens and is documented with the outcome.

Last edited:
B

Brunetta

Re: Management Review

2. Can we use the terms 'Planned interval' in our documented procedure instead of specifying that management review will be done on a quarterly basis? Will it not an issue if for example in one year we conduct 4 MRM and other year we conducted 2 MRM and following year only one MRM in case we use the term 'Planned Interval'

3. Please advise whether we should specify the agenda items which will be discussed during a MRM in the documented procedure?

FYI - If you would have asked me a few months ago on your questions #2 and #3 I would have thought this would be okay...

At our last surveillance audit we received a minor nonconformity against ISO 9k clause 5.6 for using the term planned interval without specifying what the planned interval was or the items to be covered.

For reasons that are too long to explain in this post...We wanted the flexibility to have a management review meeting that only covered internal audits, with the intent that the next meeting would be a full meeting and would cover all of the required inputs.

Our CB explained that breaking the management review up into smaller meetings that did not cover all the required inputs was not the problem.

NC Evidence cited by our CB was:
that there was no objective evidence of planning, how many meetings and what had to be covered was not specified one Management Review covered all points and a later one did not (special meeting to review results of audits)

Our plan to correct the issue was rather simple, we adjusted our documentation to specify that:
"The inputs (we listed the required inputs) to the mgmt reviews are reviewed at least twice during the year and that this can occur as two meetings or several meetings during the year as conditions warrant.

The mgmt review records are used by the MR to track inputs covered at each review to ensure effective coverage of said inputs at least twice a year." (this is what we were doing anyway, we just did not state this in our documentation)

That plan to update the documentation along with a scheduling a follow up internal audit on the process to review the plan's effectiveness resulted in the plan's acceptance by our CB

Thought I would share what worked for us, in the hopes that someone else can avoid the embarrassing oops I stumbled into.:eek:

Regards,
Brunetta

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
<snip> You don't even have to do the reviews during a "management review" meeting, as long as the players are there and the review happens and is documented with the outcome.

Which must include "decisions" and "actions." ;)
It's usually not the decisions that are lacking, it's mainly actions...

Stijloor.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
yes, but I did say that in the first post, just didn't repeat it.:eek:

You surely did! :applause: Shame on me for not noticing this...:bonk::bonk:

Sorry Steel... Rode the bike for 4 hours this morning..
The sun fried part of my brains...or at least what's left of it...:D

Thanks!!

Stijloor.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
You surely did! :applause: Shame on me for not noticing this...:bonk::bonk:

Sorry Steel... Rode the bike for 4 hours this morning..
The sun fried part of my brains...or at least what's left of it...:D

Thanks!!

Stijloor.

Jan, if it is as hot in C as it is here, you certainly could fry some brain cells!:tg: No harm, no foul. btw, you think it is hot cycling? I've been without AC for 12 days:mg: I keep telling myself I don't need to buy a window unit to get by with until it's fixed...."oh, it will be fixed tomorrow", but tomorrow never comes, silly me. It's been a comedy of errors.

T

Tony C

Can anyone reply to my queries made to Tony?
rgds
viraj

Hi Viraj

Sorry for the delay in responding, I thought other posts had answered your question.

As an auditor I would be a bit perplexed as to why you go to the trouble of having quarterly MRMs but do not cover the status of corrective actions and customer feedback?

Do you have other evidence to demonstrate review of customer feedback and the status of corrective actions?

Regards,

Tony :)

Top Bottom