Profile tolerance with a positional tolerance to a hole ?

inspken

Registered
General drawing note states : dimensions not specified on this drawing are basic and profile tolerance of .06 to ABC
on the drawing i have holes with a hole size tolerance and a positional tolerance of .010 Max to ABC also with no locating dimension from Datum B or C this is a formed part how do I interpret this call out do i only have .010 from the master model.

I have attached a snip of the drawing

Attachments

• drawing question.pdf
    45.5 KB · Views: 110

John Predmore

Trusted Information Resource
I think you are asking how to locate features (holes) "with no locating dimension" on the drawing.

The answer is found in the first paragraph of the note you included with the drawing. "For complete product description this drawing shall be used with corresponding CAD data." Use the coordinate information from CAD with the positional tolerance of .010 and profile tolerance of .06.

Matt's Quality Handle

Involved In Discussions
It could be worded better, but I'd use the hole position tolerance, with the B and C locating dimensions coming from the CAD model per the first note, "For complete product definition...[see the CAD Model]." That is the note that controls this feature, not the following note, as the position tolerance of the holes are specified on the drawing.

So, just pull the basic dimensions locating from B and C off of the CAD model, and use those for nominal position.

Top Bottom