Provision of Resources - Proving resources to address Customer Satisfaction - 6.1

A

Andy Bassett

No problem with the first parts, we simply say that a budget has been fixed etc etc.
But how do you prove that you have provided the resource to address customer satisfaction?

Regards

A

Andy Bassett

You are right Sherrio, its just that i see this more belonging to section 8.2.1 Customer Satisfaction.

What shall i write in section 6.1, simply a reference to 8.2.1. I can do this, its just that i hate to put blah, blah in a manual unless absolutely necessary.

Regards

------------------
Andy B

L

Laura M

It sounds to me like the key in this section is resources....ie., the customer wants someone "on site" for start-up (provide resources for customer satisfaction).
I dunno - haven't been to any formal 9000:2000 training, but I don't think its just the resources to sending out the surveys and responding, but I read, proactive resources to address customer satisfaction. Would this be customer contacts, field service, timely response etc.? Does the customer want 3 shift support...resources, does the customer want quicker response time...hire more pizza delivery guys. Just thinking out loud on what the intent might be.

S

Sherri O

I re-read my previous response and perhaps that would not meet the intent exactly. Perhaps having sales people to respond to customer complaints, a complaint system (corrective/preventative systems)that specifies a timely response to customer complaints. On a personal note, alot elements seem redundant to me; I always find myself repeating processes to meet several elements.

L

Laura M

A matrix comes in handy for that.
Also - reinforces that it is a system - all interrelated - not 20 (or 8 )separate elements.

R

Rick Goodson

Andy,

It appears from your posting that you are documenting the system to mimic the ISO 9000 standard. There is no requirement in either the 1994 or the 2000 FDIS requiring this. If you document based on how your business is run, you can use a matrix to address how you meet the requirements. In addtion, if you have other 'requirements' such as govermental specs, you can create a different matrix for that use without changing your basic manual. Many of the companies I work with have manuals and proedures that meet the ISO 9001:1994 and use a matrix to cross reference. When 2000 is finalized they wil simply redo the matrix (in addition to expanding some sections such as the marketing section which addresses customer satisfaction).

A

Andy Bassett

Hello Rick

Ill just give you a little background to customer. We are near the end of a Change Management Project, all the useful things have been done, like restructuring, matching employees abilties with their jobs, locating new employees where necessary, defining and improving processes.

The result is a Business Management System, which is a collection of Main Business Processes. Something which i hope however painful it was to acheive will bring the company future benefits, as it is clear and relevant to the business, you can actually see the company in the System, not how the company satisifies some standard.

We are now left with the job of obtaining ISO 9000:2000. I have decided, rightly or wrongly, to produce something like a manual that tells the auditor how we are satisfying the Standard. This will be as lightweight as possible with references to the relevant sections of the Business Management System.

I will not try to force feed the staff with this manual, as for me it is being produced solely for the benefits of the auditor. In fact i see no reason for any member of staff to even know that it exists, unless it contains something that somebody should actually do.

Actually what i will probably do is divide the ISO Elements amongst the Management, and make sure that at least one person understands each element of the Standard and can answer an auditors question.

In short, we have built a system that suits the company (Not ISO) and now we have the job of telling some auditor how we satsify ISO, hence the creation of the handbook.

Regards

------------------
Andy B

R

Rick Goodson

Andy,

Thanks for the clarification.

If you have documented your 'Main Business Processes', you may be able to assemble them into a 'manual' with a introductory section and a cross reference matrix at the end and satisfy the ISO 900x requirement. It would save you considerable writing.

Personally, I do not subscribe to the theory that I have to provide a manual the mimics the ISO 900x standard for ease of auditing by the auditor. I have found they have no problem as long as there is a matrix. I believe Marc has extensive experience in assisting companies with ISO implementation. Maybe he will share his thoughts.

Best wish and good luck

Top Bottom