Registrar For ISO / TS 16949: Seeking Recommendations

A

atlantisind

I know this question has probably been asked 1000 times but I cannot find any answers. We currently are using QMI as our registrar but are looking for someone different for our ISO/TS 16949 registration. So far we are looking at LRQA and BVQi. Does anyone have any feedback about these companies or can recommend someone else?

Thanks in advance,
Billie Jean

K

Kevin H

Hello Billie, we're a tier 2 bulk materials supplier to the automotive industry jointly registered to ISO/TS 16949 and ISO 9001:2000 by LRQA. Overall, we have been satisfied with the service provided by LRQA. Our current auditor is an independent who subcontracts to LRQA, and we have been very satisfied with his services.

Prior to our registration to TS, we were registered to QS-9000 and ISO 9001:2000, again with LRQA. Our lead auditor for that registration was in trining to become a lead auditor, and did not do a good job of managing the audit. All other auditors involved (a total of 3 other auditors) were quite professional, and we had no issues with them. We requested that our original lead be dropped after the certification audit and be replaced with our current auditor.

Hope the info helps some.

A

Aaron Lupo

atlantisind said:
I know this question has probably been asked 1000 times but I cannot find any answers. We currently are using QMI as our registrar but are looking for someone different for our ISO/TS 16949 registration. So far we are looking at LRQA and BVQi. Does anyone have any feedback about these companies or can recommend someone else?

Thanks in advance,
Billie Jean

What about NSF-ISR, they are located in Michigan, very good reputation. Number is 1-800-673-9000.

S

SilverHawk

NSF has signed up with many (TS Auditors) subcontractors to build their database BUT may or may not them.

J

jethehiker - 2006

Billie, I have used BVQI as a registrar for both ISO and for AS9100, in both cases they were very professional and went far beyond what I would expect. Thats my 2 cents
Jim

A

atlantisind

Thanks so much for all the input. I am leaning more towards BVQi! :thanks:

Randy

Super Moderator
Why not BSI?

There is also another registar regularly here (DNV), but we won't mention them. (Hiya Sidney ;) )

Last edited:

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Well, as long as Randy is dropping names, I might as well also. ;) In my (biased) opinion, Eagle Registrations does a great job. They're a smaller registrar with a high focus on customer satisfaction.

(And yes, I do TS 16949 audits for them...)

F

felixcarrera

Hi Billie, I can highly recommend to use BSI or DNV since both are highly respected in this particular field, plus they have personalized service assigning auditors for your location. Web sites: www.bsiamericas.com and www.dnv.com

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
howste said:
Well, as long as Randy is dropping names, I might as well also. ;) In my (biased) opinion, Eagle Registrations does a great job. They're a smaller registrar with a high focus on customer satisfaction.

(And yes, I do TS 16949 audits for them...)
I highly recommend against cosidering Eagle Registrations. I used to recommend them but too many complaints have surfaced. They still cite the 2001 Quality Digest survey when they 'push polled' to get a high rating (which killed the survey - Quality Digest had too many complaints so they ended their yearly survey).

Top Bottom