Romance may be tied to reward system that can cause addiction

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
ralphsulser said:
Speaking of "empowering" lets get back to romance.
I read recently that we are all in love with being in love. We meet someone new and develop a passionate desire and need to be with that person no matter when, where or what. They are all we can think about. And it is not just physical, but emotional and spiritual also. How many times have you heard people say "we discovered that we are soul mates". Like the phrase "Crazy in love". That this lasts about a year, then starts to decline and settle in. Similar to what Any mentioned in his earlier post.
I have to say I've been there and got the T shirt. A most empowering experience and mental state. I say the old addage is true
"Better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved at all."
Oh well it is Friday afternoon and maybe I'm just an old romantic. I have even written a romantic short story that includes my avocation as a Civil War re-enactor and a southern lady.[/quote]Wow! I'd sure like to see some pictures of you in your avocation as a southern lady!;)
The English language can be such a traitor to what we really mean to say, can't it?:biglaugh:

R

ralphsulser

Wes,Wes...astute observation, I can't slip anything past you.(no pun intended) The only problem is my mustache gives me away each time, not a pretty picture:lol:

Top Bottom