VDA & TS 16949 Release Parts Process Comparison

Moncia

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello

i have a problem i cannot figure out and it is related to this discussion

I am hoping someone can help me

our little company is not TS certified but we started to supply to some automotive customers so we occasionally are asked to do PPAP
two months ago - we had our first and only VDA audit

we had explained to the auditor we are only ISO 9001 certified which he said its ok - he would only audit our QM system

then the audit happened - wasnt that bad

but the auditor left me with OFI and one - i have no idea how to close

we had closed all other points but i am holding closing all the action plan and reply to the customer because i have no clue what he want us to do

quoted point from his report - Releases of the suppliers should be implemented, a monitor including the status of each supplier has to be done.

i have tried to ask his advice but all he gave me was more requirements but no explanation what to do to be compliant

quoted here his reply to my email -
According to the ISO/TS and the VDA standard, every part for automotive have to be approved with the supplier.
For each approval, you have to send a release (Could be conditional release if there are some deviations)

You can create a system to validate the process and the products with the suppliers. Like a PPAP system with a final release at the end of the process.

can someone please tell me what we have to do - send me some example ???:frust:
i have no idea

please

D

delanga25

Can you provide more details.
Do you currently approve your Suppliers via PPAP submission?
How do you Approve the use of the parts that are being supply to you?

Great Scotch

Starting to get Involved
Hello

i have a problem i cannot figure out and it is related to this discussion

I am hoping someone can help me

our little company is not TS certified but we started to supply to some automotive customers so we occasionally are asked to do PPAP
two months ago - we had our first and only VDA audit

we had explained to the auditor we are only ISO 9001 certified which he said its ok - he would only audit our QM system

then the audit happened - wasnt that bad

but the auditor left me with OFI and one - i have no idea how to close

we had closed all other points but i am holding closing all the action plan and reply to the customer because i have no clue what he want us to do

quoted point from his report - Releases of the suppliers should be implemented, a monitor including the status of each supplier has to be done.

i have tried to ask his advice but all he gave me was more requirements but no explanation what to do to be compliant

quoted here his reply to my email -
According to the ISO/TS and the VDA standard, every part for automotive have to be approved with the supplier.
For each approval, you have to send a release (Could be conditional release if there are some deviations)

You can create a system to validate the process and the products with the suppliers. Like a PPAP system with a final release at the end of the process.

can someone please tell me what we have to do - send me some example ???:frust:
i have no idea

please

Was it a VDA6.3 process audit?
If yes...
Which question did you get?
How many points?
What were the remarks?
Which process were you audited?

C

Chaithanyia

What is 'D' Characteristics in VDA 6.3?

Hi,

I came across a question during VDA6.3 Audit P7.1 which asked for the Audit Plan of 'D' Characteristics

Can any one guide me to understand what is 'D' Characteristics in VDA 6.3?

Thanks in advance.

Great Scotch

Starting to get Involved
Re: What is 'D' Characteristics in VDA 6.3?

Hi,

I came across a question during VDA6.3 Audit P7.1 which asked for the Audit Plan of 'D' Characteristics

Can any one guide me to understand what is 'D' Characteristics in VDA 6.3?

Thanks in advance.

VDA 6.3, Pos. 7.1
D characteristics are characteristics requiring special verification, documentation all related processes for these to facilitate.

Top Bottom