Powder Coat Painting Jigs (Hangers) for Shafts and Joints

Piotrekole

Registered
Hello everyone!
shortly about me: I'm a Quality Manager in a Swedish company located in Poland. We have a 5 paint shops in Poland (and several plants in Europe).
Currently we're starting with new powder coating and KTL paint shop - created mainly for one of the biggest halfshaft producer in Europe.

I know the powder coating process, but I'm wondering what is your experience with below problems:
- how you're protecting the non-painted areas on the components (you're using silicone protectors. plastic protectors, metal one, or...?)
- how / who / where produce the jigs (hangers)? It's a little bit complicated how to hang the shafts for example, or joints or tulips (joint - the part on the wheel side, the tulip - the part in the gearbix - and shaft between :))

If you have any experience or pictures of the hangers for such kind of halfshafts elements, I'll be very grateful for any information.

Best regards
Piotr
Midroc Alucrom Poland

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
A quick "Bump". My Thanks in advanced to anyone who can help with this one.

Piotrekole

Registered
Hi Marc,
You don't believe anyone can help me? :)
It's a bit complicated - I have experience with painting and jigs - but anyway I'd like to compare with our Colleauges how they are working with that issue - but there is still no answer.

We're starting with the new paint shop in Poland and any new solution is welcome:)

BR
Piotr

A

alberto_gonzales01

At our facility we have an automated powder coat line and depending on the location of the part or datum area we don't want painted we generally mask off with Green PET Tape. This removes easily after the powder cures and leaves seamless transition from masked/unmasked areas. If there is a slot or hole (machined features) we use ear plugs believe it or not. They work great and are extremely cost effective. They don't burn up in an oven and pop in place in seconds.

I will need more info on your powder set up. What is the size of the shaft, what is location that is technically not powdered, what is the weight and powder coat type to be applied, is the line automated, are you willing to perform this in multiple set ups?

Top Bottom