Housekeeping Policy and Monitoring - EASA/FAA approved 145 Repair Station facility

• Thread starter Fallen30angel - 2010
  • Start date
F

Fallen30angel - 2010

Morning All,

I'm looking to implement a Housekeeping policy and Monitoring programme throughtout our EASA/FAA approved 145 Repair Station facility.

Does anyone out there have any information they could share on how they measure housekeeping within a similar environment?

Best Regards

Richy :truce:

Randy

Super Moderator
I'm not unfamiliar with aviation (3000+ test flight hours, licensed A&P, etc...)...so let me ask.......How do you define housekeeping?

When you answer the question, establish a process to ensure it is being accomplished and then develop a metric.

Bottom line...Housekeeping is such a basic issue that if it has to be a focus for measuring you've got a greater problem than needing to keep a chart.

R

Raptorwild

Fallen30angel said:
Morning All,

I'm looking to implement a Housekeeping policy and Monitoring programme throughtout our EASA/FAA approved 145 Repair Station facility.

Does anyone out there have any information they could share on how they measure housekeeping within a similar environment?

Best Regards

Richy :truce:

Hello Richy!

May I ask, "Why are you looking to implement a Housekeeping policy and Monitoring programme?"

Before I can offer any input I need to understand your motivation. Thanks, Paula

D

Don Palmer

Several measurable factors come to mind regarding housekeeping (a.k.a. work envirnment) requirements for EASA/FAA Certificated Part 145 repair stations specific to Avionics/Instrument Shops.

• Humidity
  • Temperature
  • Positive Airflow

These factors can be routinely measured/charted. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom