Are the Pre-Launch Control Plan and Pre-Launch PFMEA obligatory?

J

Jacobo.BA

Good day all,

During a process audit (VDA 6.3) of second party the customer asked us the Pre-Launch Control Plan and the Pre-Launch PFMEA, which we did not have available because the testings, prototypes and PPAP running have been done in our mother company, however this was a finding, my doubt is the following:

Are the Pre-Launch Control Plan and Pre-Launch PFMEA obligatory? (In our case when we did only a PPAP running and then after a short time the start of production).

I wait for your opinion and support.

See you later.

Saludos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Good day all,

During a process audit (VDA 6.3) of second party the customer asked us the Pre-Launch Control Plan and the Pre-Launch PFMEA, which we did not have available because the testings, prototypes and PPAP running have been done in our mother company, however this was a finding, my doubt is the following:

Are the Pre-Launch Control Plan and Pre-Launch PFMEA obligatory? (In our case when we did only a PPAP running and then after a short time the start of production).

I wait for your opinion and support.

See you later.

Saludos.

What did the original contract say? It is only a nonconformity if a requirement has been violated. Did the auditor cite the requirement?

Stijloor.

D

David DeLong

What did the original contract say? It is only a nonconformity if a requirement has been violated. Did the auditor cite the requirement?

Stijloor.

I agree with Stijloor. One must have objective evidence that pre-launch Control Plans are not needed by the customer. This can be attained through the contract (sometimes we in Quality just don't have it) or e-mail notifications that only the production Control Plan is required. Keep those notifications on file and be ready for the audit question.

Top Bottom