Paperless office software - Electronicly sign process documentation with FAA approval

errhine

Involved - Posts
My company is looking at going into a 'paperless' system for workflow managment. We want to also be able to Electronicly sign all process documentation with FAA approval. One of the 'off the shelf' product that I was looking at is Solumina from IbaseT. Has anyone heard of this product and what are your thoughts about it if you have?

:thanx:

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Paperless office software

Hi errhine,

No takers so far, and I am sorry I can't help you. Did you look at the similar threads shown at the bottom of this page?

errhine

Involved - Posts
Re: Paperless office software - Electronicly sign process documentation with FAA appr

I made sure to do a search prior to starting this thread. Some of those are close but not seem to be more of a paper management system while I am looking for a process documentation system.

Some of them did give me other avenues to look down though.:)

gard2372

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Paperless office software - Electronicly sign process documentation with FAA appr

I know many MRO's and Aircraft Manufactureres are using Solumina, us included. Like in any IT ERP/MRP package, you get out of it what you put into it during the planning stages with the software developer's consultants.

It does have many features beneficial for FAA guidelines. Why no contact your local FAA MIDO and ask them what their thoughts are, or call Solumina and ask for a reference list or approval documents from the FAA on their software.

Try FAA AC 120-78

https://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_...C2C91CC068E0DD7B86256C7100609D5F?OpenDocument

J

JP Frisbee

Errhine, hope things are working out. As a reminder, if your company holds an Air Agency Certificate, ie 145 Repair Station, remember to obtain the OpSpec A025, Electronic Recordkeeping System and/or Electronic Signature. I often find vendors who use electronic recordkeeping/Signatures do not have this OpSpec.

errhine

Involved - Posts

I have been working with our PMI, so once we have this set up, He will hopefully issue us an updated OpSpec. Thanks for the Heads up! :cool:

J

JP Frisbee

You are welcome!:bigwave: It is easy to overlook such things!:yes: Let us know how it turns out.

errhine

Involved - Posts

It may be a long time before it really works out. Upper Management at my site wants this to happen, but the high mucky-mucks at corporate keep giving me sideways glances when I mention cost. They belive my company can save just as much (and more) without any technology. :mad:

I'll let you all know if my capital request goes through also. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom