VDA 6.3 Audit for different Parts from the same Supplier

GURU SDI

Involved In Discussions
Dear All,
VDA 6.3 standard says that during potential analysis of any supplier the process to be evaluated & it is inline with the similar product or process required by the customer.... But few of my suppliers supplies both stamping & precision machining parts from the same plant..So should i do 2 process audits separately covering the both parts...?

And how to conduct process audit for the supplier who supplies around 50 different types of machined parts...? how to cover all the parts?

And we do VDA 6.3 for potential analysis (** questions), & P2, P3, P4 for before SOP & P5,P6,P7 for after SOP..But when will we audit all the questions from P2 to P7..is there any specific reqt to conduct all questions?..

I am having lot of doubts about this VDA 6.3..will ask u one by one..Pl reply for this now..Thanks

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Dear All,
VDA 6.3 standard says that during potential analysis of any supplier the process to be evaluated & it is inline with the similar product or process required by the customer.... But few of my suppliers supplies both stamping & precision machining parts from the same plant..So should i do 2 process audits separately covering the both parts...?

You only repeat the "process section" for the machined parts.

And how to conduct process audit for the supplier who supplies around 50 different types of machined parts...? how to cover all the parts?

You do not have to cover all parts. It is a process audit and there is not enough time in the world to audit all parts.

And we do VDA 6.3 for potential analysis (** questions), & P2, P3, P4 for before SOP & P5,P6,P7 for after SOP..But when will we audit all the questions from P2 to P7..is there any specific reqt to conduct all questions?..

You audit p2-p7 when they are ready for it, probably close to start of production.

GURU SDI

Involved In Discussions
Audit - VDA 6.3

Hi...

I am totally confused with VDA 6.3 standards..I could not find the exact requirement from each questionnaire. i feel that each questions in a particular elements (p2-p7) has overlapped with other questions.

and also about generic baselines..How to use this for asking questions in the audit.

thanks

Peters

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Audit - VDA 6.3

I am totally confused with VDA 6.3 standards..I could not find the exact requirement from each questionnaire. i feel that each questions in a particular elements (p2-p7) has overlapped with other questions.

It's specificity of this check-list. A lot of questions are very similar. Especially questions about resources. Do you have to use P2-P4? If you don't need - skip these chapters.

and also about generic baselines..How to use this for asking questions in the audit.

Questions in the list are for the auditor. Use requirements and interpretations.
By the way - Most of the auditors assess the process without the check-list and later assign the nonconformities to the questions.

GURU SDI

Involved In Discussions
Re: Audit - VDA 6.3

Questions in the list are for the auditor. Use requirements and interpretations.
By the way - Most of the auditors assess the process without the check-list and later assign the nonconformities to the questions.

The standards suggests that the auditor should ask open ended question for each questionnaire (in the audit process) & auditor answer himself for the closed end questions (auditor alone) based on the findings in the process only then marks to be awarded..

Can someone explain the above process (with list of possible open & closed ended questions) for any one of the questions in the process element P5..??

Thank you

Guru
India

Top Bottom