New components from a repair station approved to CAA and FAA

S

Stankril

I work for a repair station approved to CAA and FAA.
I wish to ask for a little advice from you professionals.
When repairing a batch of customers components and we find a scrap component would it be possible for me to purchase a new component from the manufacturer and use the manufacturers Form 1 to complete the batch to send back to the customer if they agree
.:confused:

A

andygr

Re: New components from a repair station

With the thin details on the parts and types here is a gerneral answer
The part you scrap is still the customers. Therefore you can return it as received and let them scrap it out in their system or they can authorize you to scrap it in yours.
As far as getting a new part from the manafacture why not just ask the manafacture to supply an 8130-3 with the new part ( they probably have the PMA ,STC or other approval to suport the aftermarket) and send the new part and 8130-3 tag back on to the customer? If it is an export make sure that you give the required info to the manafacture so that the tag can be passed thru.

:2cents:

S

Stankril

Re: New components from a repair station

Thanks andygr,
Parts are turbine blades. Im just unsure that our capabilitys will not allow me to sell the replacement parts to the customer as we are only approved as a repair station.
Also do I have to inspect the new manufactured parts and does that mean I will have to produce one of our 8130-3 tags as 'Inspected'

A

andygr

What has to happen is that the manafacture of the turbine blades has the ability to send you an 8130-3 with the new part. If they can and if you are going to export it make sure that you identify to them the country that the parts are ultimatly going to so that they can correctly create the tag. If the parts are going to a source here in the US then they can just supply a domestic 8130-3 tag that you would pass on with the blades. Your repair station tag would never be generated for these new parts.
I think that you will find that you do not have any coverage in the CMM to address "swap out" of a blade. IF you did you could then issue one of your tags signed on the right side.

I would recomend that you ask your FISDO rep since they should be able to quickly give you the right guidance.

:2cents:

Top Bottom