Humor in Management

U

Umang Vidyarthi

Friends,

My son has sent me this story about Indian Management, which I feel is not unique to India alone. It is a global phenomenon infecting the corporate world. Thought it is worth sharing on the cove.

Umang :D

Attachments

• Humor in management.pdf
    368.4 KB · Views: 701
W

wmarhel

Friends,

My son has sent me this story about Indian Management, which I feel is not unique to India alone. It is a global phenomenon infecting the corporate world. Thought it is worth sharing on the cove.

Unfortunately....it is a global problem. Different places, different names, but the same old :horse:

Wayne

Q

qualitytoughnut - 2010

Friends,

Thanks for sharing Umang. This epidemic you may find everywhere in the corporate world. The concept is good. :agree1:

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions
Great post - it put a needed smile on my face for the day.

Here is my own, real-life humor tidbit to add:

Heard the other day from management - "We have visitors coming in tomorrow, so clean up and follow your procedures."

Does that mean any other day we can be slobs and don't have to follow any procedures?? :frust:

A

arios

Great, Now imagine the same analogy to show the proportion of tax payers and the big white elephant named goverment that we need to maintain.

S

somerqc

RCW - don't forget to post all the graphs related to that customer so it looks like you are actually monitoring their products!

C

Citizen Kane

Very true, indeed !

This things are totaly unjust and still they are accepted.

Everybody does, all thinks it's normal. And still, they wander why things go bad and how should we fix the situation - but everything is obvious. And I know it's obvious to all of those managers. But they just don't care. They care only for them.

Beyond the nice words from PowerPoints and the "events", things like "growth", "company culture", "values", "company policy" (this is also a must have but never respected - we only like to have it to look good on us), "benefits", "respect for the worker", "fair environment", "win-win situation" - beyond this is their lack of responsability, their imorality, their lack of care of the employees.

The true win-win is only when you care. And when you really care as a manager, then you won't do like in the boate example.

But the fact is that most of us don't care.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
same here in saudi arabia
Welcome to the Cove! I think you will find we have a great many things in common here. The struggles usually come down to the human factor. I hope to see you around some more!

Top Bottom