56th Annual Quality Congress - 2002

K

KatyLayne

Aqc 2002

Is anyone planning to attend the 56th Annual Quality Congress/Exposition in Denver this month?

Just Curious...

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
I wish. But I'd be shot if I even asked. Non-essential travel is 100% dead for us.

I'll bet if you made it a poll question, attendance this year, even by former attendees, would be way down.

Mike S.

K

KatyLayne

This will be my first expo. I'm here in Denver and have the luxury of attending for free- I'm volunteering to work at the conference, in exchange for free admission to the expo, most of the conference sessions and some of the receptions-(oh and I get a free shirt too).

I'm hoping to get a lot out of the conference sessions, but even if I don't, I'm not out any $$.

Any opinions from past attendees on what to expect?

G

Graeme

Rocky Mountain High ...

I will be there, for several reasons, even though it's a personal expense. (I'm a contractor, and neither the client or the body shop will pay for it because it's not in the contract. That's life!)
  • Denver was the first place my family lived in the USA after emigrating from Canada, so it's like going home again.
  • It's an opportunity to interact with other ASQ members, especially those I know only as e-mail correspondents or voices on the phone.
  • I might actually learn something.
  • I accumulate recertification points.

If you are not used to the altitude (5280 feet or about 1600 meters) then you need to do three important things.
  • Drink lots of water. You will dehydrate easily.
  • Limit your level of physical exertion. You need to acclimate for a couple of weeks before your body can handle it.
  • If you spend a lot of time outdoors, use plenty of sunscreen. Compared to sea level, about half the mass of the atmosphere is below you and the cooking rays from the sun are much more intense. (I have very painful memories ...)

Have fun!

Top Bottom