8.2.6: Monitoring and measurement of product

Chrisx

Quite Involved in Discussions
I'm surprised no one has posted the definition of "as appropriate" from clause 0.2. There seems to be a lot of guessing as to what is the definition. I suggest reviewing it.

Regardless of the clause cited in the nonconformity (8.2.6), I don't think it makes sense to disregard other clauses that may result in future nonconformities. Clause 7.6 states "In addition, the organization shall assess and record the validity of the previous measuring results when the equipment is found not to conform to requirements. The organization shall take appropriate action in regard to the equipment and any product affected". You may argue yourself out of complying with 8.2.6, only to find out that you're out of compliance with a different clause.

If gage ID's are not recorded for each inspection, how will the organization determine the appropriate action on any affected product? I think it will be hard to justify with no gage ID's recorded. If the inspection can't have any impact on the product, then why are you measuring it in the first place? Presumably, these measurements are to ensure the conformity of product to requirements. Clause 0.2 clearly says "as appropriate" means as necessary for product to meet requirements and for the organization to carry out corrective action. It seems pretty clear to me that gage ID's are required to comply with clause 7.6.

Top Bottom