A Message From Her Majesty The Queen...

B

blackbird

there's nothing like good old fashioned toilet humour.......Whoops !!... i mean 'pan humor' ( this is until the changes kick in) . to accomodate the transition & lighten the severity of the impending changes , we could have an 'air guitar' contest of the British national anthem of 'God save the Queen' & have the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra judge it........ rock on 'dudes'...(Whoops..i mean friends).

Bifften

Involved In Discussions
I used to drive 68 roundabouts on my daily commute (20 miles). Bedford to Milton Keynes. Now I've moved jobs and house and I walk to work in 10 minutes.:)

Two roundabouts within 200 yards of each other :mg:

Just be glad you don't live in the UK or you might have deal with 5 small roundabouts that surround one large roundabout.

msn_magic_roundabout_470x350.jpg

I used to drive that one every morning. Its fine if you're going left but in parts it has two lanes going right over the mini roundabouts. Simply not enough space for two vehicles. Thankfully I used to drive it so early in the morning there was barely anyone else on it.

Anyway... Roundabouts > Junctions and Traffic Lights.

As for your zebra crossings without any sort a of meaning in the States :mad:

J

Jimmy the Brit

I used to drive 68 roundabouts on my daily commute (20 miles). Bedford to Milton Keynes. Now I've moved jobs and house and I walk to work in 10 minutes.:)
68 ! That just shows that you can get used to anything. This is my local roundabout hell (in nearby Hemel Hempstead) six mini-roundabouts around a larger seventh roundabout - the big one being two way - Enjoy, and don't forget to pick up all the glass when you have finished.

plough.jpg

Bifften

Involved In Discussions
68 ! That just shows that you can get used to anything. This is my local roundabout hell (in nearby Hemel Hempstead) six mini-roundabouts around a larger seventh roundabout - the big one being two way - Enjoy, and don't forget to pick up all the glass when you have finished.

plough.jpg

I think the magic roundabout as a whole has a good safety record though? Most people are very cautious on it!

AndyN

Moved On
That picture looks like Los Angeles Freeway system. Nothing new to me.

But Coury, there are only two lanes on most of the roads, speeds are generally higher and don't forget, most of the vehicles are standard transmissions (manual gearboxes, sorry!)..........:lmao::lmao:

J

Jimmy the Brit

OK - pardon my ignorance but what is a "zebra crossing"?
This is a zebra crossing, it is used to indicate where pedestrians have right of way over traffic - increasingly used with traffic lights as people no longer stop, sadly.

Bifften

Involved In Discussions
In America you can mow pedestrians over if the crossing is at a cross roads and you are turning from the left from my experience ?!

Top Bottom