An IDEFO style process map of the internal audit process

M

M Greenaway

Has anyone created an IDEFO style process map of the internal audit process that they might like to share ?

M

M Greenaway

Sam

Its simply a modification of the standard process model that shows input-activity-output such that you show input-resources-controls-activity-output.

D

D.Scott

I would like to see one too. Like Sam, it is new to me too.

Sounds like a flow chart of a control plan from the little I see here. Could this be another diagram useful to the auditor but has no added value to the company?

Dave

M

M Greenaway

Well some would argue that process mapping is very important for the company, hey even ISO9001 says something about it (very loosely of course).

S

Sam

M, That sounds similar to the TS approach.
input - activities - support activities - linkages/interfaces - output, coupled with audit planning.

M

M Greenaway

Sam

I am thinking of process mapping using the IDEFO technique.

Has anyone used this technique ?

S

s_warin

What IDEFO stands for?

Before answering your question, please tell us what IDEFO stands for.
IDK,PTM
:p

barb butrym

Quite Involved in Discussions
If I remember correctly its a table, and the boxes are connected across the table with arrows, shows relationships and multi tasking responsibilities well. Its not one of my favorites, but does serve some purpose to look in at the whole responsibilities/logistics picture. I used it years ago on mapping a JIT line, showing repetition. Worked well there. Don't think I have any kicking around....but will keep it in mind, and post if I find one.

Or maybe thats not the same thing, don't remember acronym we called it. I called it an audit tool...used to address it in auditor training, filling the auditor's tool box.....

Last edited:
S

s_warin

Idk, Ptm

IDK, PTM=I don't know, please tell me.
I would like to change into please explain me.:confused:

Top Bottom