Annual Layouts in Control Plans

D

dwrightspm

You guys have been my go-to site for years and I searched and I cannot seem to find a thread that lists where in the Control Plan you would put the Annual Layout. Do you put it at the end or between Final Inspection and Shipping? I know you guys have the answer.

Thanks,
Dawn

S

Sean Kelley

I have always put it at the end as it really does not belong as part of the standard process between inspection and shipping. To me that would indicate you have to hold up shipment until the layout was complete. I would do it early though and not put yourself in that position of holding product until the layout was complete either. GM never had any issues with us doing it that way.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
You guys have been my go-to site for years and I searched and I cannot seem to find a thread that lists where in the Control Plan you would put the Annual Layout. Do you put it at the end or between Final Inspection and Shipping? I know you guys have the answer.

Thanks,
Dawn

If it is a customer requirement to put it in the control plan, it should go all the way at the end.

The control plan is based on the PFMEA.

G

guruprasadb

In our control plans we have Final inspection, Packing , Pre dispatch inspection and Shipping

Seperately we have annual plans by product wise for Layout inspection, Product audit, manufacturing process audit and dock audit.

Based upon month schedule , we instruct to inspector to perform activities.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
I put annual layouts at the end as a separate line item, along with any annual (or periodic) validation testing required by the customer specifications.

D

dwrightspm

That is what I remembered. It has been a few years since I was required to put it in the Control Plan. Thanks to everyone here for all of your help and keep up the good work in keeping this place the go to place for people in the quality world.

:applause:

Top Bottom