Approval of CSR Waiver Requests

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
In my opinion, if I ask my customer for a waiver for a CSR (and I have), and they send me one, then that has been waived. I have a couple of these cases. The CSR's and waivers have been viewed by at least 4 third party auditors and deemed good enough.
If your customer has provided a waiver of an actual CSR (i.e., a tier-1 requirement that may be found here*) it doesn't make much difference that you've gotten away with it in the past.

* A customer requirement is not necessarily the same thing as a customer-specific requirement.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
If your customer has provided a waiver of an actual CSR (i.e., a tier-1 requirement that may be found here*) it doesn't make much difference that you've gotten away with it in the past.

* A customer requirement is not necessarily the same thing as a customer-specific requirement.
I think you might be misreading what auditors/CBs require under the IATF standard. I tried your approach once and crashed and burned. They generally consider customer requirements as customer "specific" requirements, even if not published at that site.

Mikey324

Quite Involved in Discussions

I just went through the most detailed 3rd party audit I've ever been through. We specifically looked at this. Where is the shall, or I guess it the organization shall not waive a CSR?

Top Bottom