AS9100 Change in Registration Scope - Audit Nonconformance

K

kevwb

Re: AS9100 Change in Scope

Jim,

thanks for your input, we did inform them well before the audit took place and have email trails to confirm this, we asked the auditor to reconsider but his response was "chicken and egg", will contact the CB as suggested,

Many thanks

AndyN

Moved On
I agree, Andy. Although the question is related to AS9100, the ISO APG Paper on Scope of the QMS and Scope of Certification still applies.

From what the OP mentioned, the CB auditor wrote up the nonconformity because the organization's QMS scope is not accurately described in the Quality Manual. The paper hyperlinked above now has a paragraph that reads

I have some heartburn with these "guides". Despite being endorsed by 'ISO", they are not clearly referenced in the standards (other than in some bibliography) and are not referenced in the relevant place as with ISO 19011. I'm wondering why, if these APG missives are so appropriate, why aren't they included in ISO 19011? Personally speaking, I'm not entirely certain that the guidance is really useful for internal auditors, being written (for the most part) by external auditors...

B

bhale

Hi, :bigwave:I’m new to posting on Elsmar and am hoping that this is the appropriate place to post this question.

Our current AS9100 certificate scope is stated as:
The Provision of Metal and Plastic Machining to Customer Specifications

We would like to change the scope to:
Manufacturing of precision machined components and assemblies per customer specifications.

Our past third party AS9100 audits have included, both “component and assembly”, observation, so I believe that the change in scope wording would be document changes only.
Is there a potential problem with our certificate stating the current scope and Quality Manual reflecting the change? I am assuming that the certificate can be changed during our next third party audit?
Thanks!

Big Jim

Admin
Hi, :bigwave:I’m new to posting on Elsmar and am hoping that this is the appropriate place to post this question.

Our current AS9100 certificate scope is stated as:
The Provision of Metal and Plastic Machining to Customer Specifications

We would like to change the scope to:
Manufacturing of precision machined components and assemblies per customer specifications.

Our past third party AS9100 audits have included, both “component and assembly”, observation, so I believe that the change in scope wording would be document changes only.
Is there a potential problem with our certificate stating the current scope and Quality Manual reflecting the change? I am assuming that the certificate can be changed during our next third party audit?
Thanks!

You should have no trouble with that, however, you should start talking to your certification body long before the audit to help it run as smooth as possible.

Top Bottom