As9100

B

Boscoeee

We are wrapping up a 3 1/2 half day DNV AS9100 Scope Extension.

Great experience, we did not make it clean, so we have a follow up in January.:cool:

Now if only there are any customers be then.:bonk:

P

Phiobi

I'm guessing you are prepared for your follow-up audit? I am a QM at an AS9100 company. If you need anything give me a shout. Would be nice to compare notes on AS9100 audit findings.

B

Boscoeee

Yes, I am prepared with a few minor projects scheduled for this week.

I would be glad to share my findings with you, actually.

P

Phiobi

I would like to. We had our AS9100 on 17th December and passed with no NCR's.

I know it sounds obvious but the things they usually look for are:

Document control - I always do a shop floor sweep to ensure anything that is uncontrolled is off the walls

Internal audits - ISO guys let you off missing an audit target date AS guys like to see that all audits to that date are complete

Management review meeting - Must be done in set format + details on improvement for each section. i have a proforma that covers it really well. They also like KPI data to back it up

NCR's - Our auditor likes to know how many of each type we have raised (I think there is a history at the company of not raising many)

Calibration - Easy one to slip up on and anything with product impact it is a fail. I make my QMS guy audit the calibration every week.... on top of me having a full time calibration engineer!!!

Hope these things are obvious, but help!! Good luck

G

Hello people. Would anyone be willing to share a boilerplate internal audit? I'm working our company into the self audit mode and need help. It would be much appreciated.

G

Hello, I'm a QM looking for ideas on dealing with the new rev C, Specifically risk management. Any ideas beyond FMEA?

G

Greetings all. I am a QAMgr looking for tips on addressing the Statutory and Regulatory AS9100C requirements in terms of documentation.

G

Hello, I'n new to this forum, so I hope I am not asking a repeated question. We are in process of AS9100 C "without design" structuring and I have many questions. We are a 'build to print' structured company.
First: being cert to ISO9001:2008 w/o design and continuing w/o design into AS9100C, can I limit or exclude certain reqs for CM?
Second: Same above but to also exclude 'Post delivery support' as we supply subassemblies and components to our customer per their design and QM.
Any guidence would be greatly appreciated.

B

Boscoeee

You cannot exclude CM (Configuration Management), you must have a process to manage your customers drawings and specifications and do not forget configuration management audits.

You may exclude post delivery support.

G

Boscoeee, thanks. I am utilizing ISO 10007:2003E as my guide for CM and also realize that we must have a CM system in place and it makes sense that we do not need to apply post delivery support (we have no contact with the end customer).
Would it be safe to assume that portions of CM will not be applicable to us regarding design of product as well? We are ISO and AS w/out design, or should we apply CM to controlling the design criteria per customer specs?

Top Bottom